Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Walking thru the Fields

I was dusting and got way laid..interupted...to reminisce a bit. Camera, action and a short story.

This greeting card was given to me by my wonderful younger sister, many years ago. I keep things a long time!!!! (heehee)  But the little person in this picture, resembles a memory of my childhood. In my mind,I looked just like this little girl.  The blonde hair and venturing off into who knows where and gathering things along the way.  Safety was never an issue...I never thought of any harm, or being lost. I just liked to do my thing..whatever I could venture out to do.



The year my sister gave it to me, it looked just like either of her two daughters.
And today it could resemble my granddaughter, or my nieces 2 little girls. But I wonder if any of them will ever have the opportunity to just wonder off  and enjoy the peace of nature and truly be safe in doing so. Our world has changed so much and the adventures are not the same.

I think this year before I pack this little treasure away, I will frame her and add a date.
I truly think that cards, if you are one to keep them should be dated.  The years fly by so fast and one forgets how long it's really been around.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed my bit of trivia.. but I best get back to dusting.....


2 comments:

Glenda said...

What a wonderful treasure! That was such a simple time don't you think. Our Grand children will never know what that is like, to just wander off and explore. I used to love that when I was young....to head off into the woods and just see what you see! Good idea to frame this!

Megan Parker said...

This is a great story! I remember wandering off and exploring my grandparents' land in Mt. Ayr. It was wonderful! Lots of summer memories there. Sad to see it go up for sale without being able to be there to just wander with my own kids, one last time.