Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby's Arrived and A Winning Day

Lots of excitement here!!!     Yesterday  (Friday) son Jeremy called at 7 AM they were at the Overland Park Hospital, waiting for the new baby....well by 6 PM I was a little concerned, so made the call to him.

They were on their way for a C-Section and would call me in about 3 hrs.  9:30 PM  All is well.
A new little granddaughter...named  "SUMMER ROSE"    8 lbs. 12 oz.     18inches long  and all were doing great.    Pretty tired and Pretty Hungary. 
TODAY A big state rival football game at 11AM  took my attention  Iowa Hawkeyes VS Iows State Cyclones.

I lived 30 yrs close to Iowa City  so was a BIG TIME FAN,  had season football tickets after the boys got older and never missed any Hawkeye action.  Then Jeremy decided to attend college at Iowa State, gradutated from there so my heart was there too.  I love competition and these 2 schools can provided it when they play each other.   SO today  IOWA STATE won in 3 Overtimes...after the second overtime my phone rang....it was Jeremy...so excited he could get it on TV in Kansas and Iowa State was playing so well, "I knew you'd be watching."..so play by play we hollered and enjoyed the win together!!!   

Little SKY was able to join them at the hospital  and can share the hospital suite...dismissal will be Monday PM and I know there will be some fun to be had with the Celebration of another little girl.
I am so Thankful, everyone is ok and the Lord has blessed us all with great family love.
I am awaiting pictures!!!!!  

2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah great news , Sylvia! and what a very lovely name, Shaz in oz.x

Glenda said...

What a wonderful name for such a wonderful new arrival! So glad all is well and everyone doing well! Congratulations!