Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Challenge on Saving Trees!!!

Over at Sugar Creek Hollow they have a challenge to save some trees:
  RE-PURPOSE PAPER TOWELS, TOILET PAPER OR COFFEE FILTERS. 
I just had taken a paper towel and wrapped it in some tea bags as I was trying to dry out the tea bag to reuse it for another project. The paper towel had wonderful coloring from the tea bags.   
Next I took a coffee filter, distressed the edges, and cut them with the Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors, then I folded the coffee filter in half several times.
and when tightly folded I tied some string close the the fringe to make the flower, and it made a perfect leaf at the bottom, so I distressed that area with Peeled Paint distress ink.
I tied another string and tied both quite tight and glued the leaf closer to the flower.
I embossed my card base, distressed the edges and the top of the card with the Tumbled Glass ink and used my recycled layers. 
It was a fun way to use these materials. I also have some tea bags and dryer sheets in my stash to reuse sometime. The fun thing with this was the TEA made a beautiful color on the paper towels.
We are having a wonderful sunny, warm day 50 so I plan to take a quick walk. Thanks for stopping by, always nice to read your comments. Enjoy your week.

4 comments:

Reneé Matarese said...

Oh my gosh I love this!! I am the queen of recycling and I'm in love with your flower. It's just so beautiful!! I LOVE that you actually reused a paper towel that was headed for the trash and you're right...the coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. See you again soon.
Renee
SCH DT

Patti P. said...

Sylvia, what great thinking outside of the box. I love your dyed paper towel, but the flower just blows me away! Love the lightness of it and that your leaf is part of it. I need to try and remember this tip. I have so enjoyed this week's challenge and all of the new things I have seen and learned. So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Thanks, Patti SCH/DT

The Wired Angel said...

What a great idea, Sylvia. And the leaf you created along side your flower was very inventive. Thanks so much for sharing the steps and for playing along with us at Sugar Creek Hollow! Peggy

Daniele said...

what a brillliant idea, two birds with one stone as they say, so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week
hugs