Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WOYWW #163 Better Late Than Never

Running behind but didn't want to miss this week of WOYWW.  Julia at the Stamping Ground  has a weekly posting that so many creative bloggers follow...Stop over and get all the fun details.
My desk this week:
Some wonderful time with my hubby at an annual Barn Sale a few miles from here, held by an older couple who are slowly giving up some of their treasures.  A coin changer, xmas ornaments, old photos, linens, clothespins game board, comic and story books.
He needed a break also his 95 yr old dad is in the hospital with pneumonia and I lost a classmate to cancer and on a good note we  had visitors from Wisconsin.
I've been creating but can't show my little ATC's til next month..they'll be shipped off Friday and will share after they are presented to the participants.
Left at 7 AM to take mother for laser eye surgery and it turned out 100% effective. They are adjusting somewhat to the beautiful apt at the new Assisted Living.  Lovely new surroundings, 16 other people to enjoy activities, meals and entertainment with.
Thank you all for the kind words and wonderful support. It has been a LONG, HARD 60 days for my sisters and I.  But  I thank our Lord above for having 2 wonderful sisters, as we have shared this all the way.

Have a wonderful week, enjoy WOYWW and I hope to stop by late this pm or throughout the week


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sylvia - what lovely treasure you have come home with. Pretty portrait of a child on your desk. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad that everything has gone well with your parents - I'm trying to get my dad into asiisted living over here. We're making headway, slowly!
I'm not someone who goes to barn or car boot sales yet am always envious of the bargains that you do pick up there. Have fun with them.
Take care, LLJ ~70 xx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW for yesterday! I would love to get to barn sales, but also know that I have far too much in the house anyway. Ali x #113

Glenda said...

Sorry to be so late to visit. Crazy day here yesterday. Love your desk this week. Have had you on my mind. Hope your Mom adjusts to assisted living well.

Twiglet said...

Lovely bits and bobs from your barn sale. Glad your mum and dad are settling in well, Where would we be without sisters! x Jo

sandra de said...

I am so late this week, thank you for stopping by and saying hello. Lovely finds at the barn sale and good to hear the op went well for you mother.
Sandra @31

Tilly Tea Dance said...

I love to roam round the car boot sale when I go up to Mum's - she is clever at spotting vintage linens. x M #73

Kay Hammock said...

Hi Sylvia,

Glad things are going well with your parents. I would think that assisted living in a community of others would be a benefit -- more stimulation and conversations. I hope they continue to do well.

Those photos look great - you got those at the sale? Very cool.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #36

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Sylvia,
Happy to hear that your mother is settled and her surgery was successful. It is so stressful to carry such a heavy burden alone, thankfully, you are blessed with family that understands that, and you are there for each other.
hugs & JOY,
Kimberly

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Sylvia, so glad it's working out for your Mom and Dad, wonderful that you've all been able to be there for them. Some lovely treasures from the Barn sale, I bet the sellers love to know that their treasures are going to new homes that will love them.

SandeeNC said...

When I go to assisted living, I hope someone remembers to pack my scrap book albums with me, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)#50

Shoshi said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, Sylvia. Looks as if you've got some lovely new treasures there - nice to know when one is downsizing that things can get a new life in a new home!

I'm trying to visit as many WOYWWers as possible before the next WOYWW, and getting near the end of the list now, which is why this is such a very belated happy WOYWW from...

Shoshi