Well my space. A COMPLETE DISASTER. I decided with the horrible winds I needed to paint in my studio..His dads old buffet, and a few small wooden accessories. Then I moved things and now I must put it all back together, after I sort and merge.. It's overload and I am tired of walking in a weaving motion to get around.
BEFORE...I had to sand the top, too much build up of old dust and varnish.

The new look....I'm trying to have a white/pink/ and that sage green when I am done.
But I do have my sewing machine, the cutting table and my ironing board sort of grouped together now. Project of curtain toppers about ready to begin. If I can load the new thread/bobbin in this new machine !
It is cooling off here in the evenings, 40's, but I watered all my outside flowers today. We have not had rain for quite some time. This is the latest I have had flowers since I moved her 17 years ago.
Our day time temps have been 60's to 85 on Sunday. Very unusual. So glad you stopped by, enjoy a lovely week.
13 comments:
Hi Sylvia. I really love what you've done to your cupboard. Looks so much lighter now and would actually look good in my new sewing room ;-)
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x # 11
That dresser painted white is gorgeous! Your a lot more adventurous than I am! I'm always afraid I'll ruin a piece but yours is lovely! Now you must do some heavy duty put-a-way! Glenda #30
Wow, didn't you make an awesome job on painting that furniture?! Talk about giving something a new lease of life, it looks fantastic and will make a great addition to your crafting area! Don't get in a bother about the bobbin, they are easier than they look..I don't think I've seen a pic of your new machine yet. Are you happy with it?
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx
Whoa Sylvia, talk about get an idea in your head and just go for it! There was no inkling of this last week! No wonder you've only posted today, you've been really busy! The buffet (we call them sideboards) looks absolutely marvellous, completely given it a new life. If will sit really comfortably in your room and not feel like it's pulling light away now, just brilliant. On that basis, am super impressed that you've got the new machine up and are planning to do stuff while all this is going on too....send me some motivation!!
what a great makeover!! You do look as if you need a big sort out (says she, I can talk!) hope you find your way round it all soon!! Helen 5
Hi Sylvia, great job with the sideboard completely transformed. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 26
that buffet looks awesome painted :) you are going to be so thrilled when you have everything put back together with the lighter colors too I would guess. Thanks for the early visit ~Stacy #50
I love all the craft goodness on your table!
Greetings, Sofie #46
http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be
So happy to hear that someone else has a disaster in their craft area from time to time! Ha. Your repainting job looks fabulous!
What a wonderful transformation with the cupboard unit. Looks amazing. Your crafty space makes me want to come and play!! Take care Zo xx 31
Hi Sylvia,
The painted sideboard (?) looks great! Can't wait to see the room when all pieces are completed and put together. I've been working on my house and it seems like a never ending project.
I'm envious of your crafty space. I won't have a designated play space until I retire, I'm afraid. And maybe then it'll be a guest room/art studio.
Thank you for visiting me already and leaving such a sweet comment. It's so nice to be back!
Happy belated WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay (41)
I am about to paint a cupboard too - hope it turns out as good as yours. x Jo
Oh... that buffet is amazing!! Love it!
Post a Comment