She was 103 and this photo is of her favorite thing to Tat...I cannot imagine how many of these she made in her lifetime. It is almost a lost art.
Not much creating on my desk, Just some colored pencils and adult coloring books. I am hoping we will have our master bath finished by the end of the week. He was able to prime/paint and get the new flooring laid..Our cabinet and fixtures were to arrive this week. Let's hope they can install so we can complete this project. Already had leakage ruin my downstairs ceiling tile, so I am anxious. I will share photos.
It's WOYWW Wednesday and you can find out more HERE Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by.
13 comments:
So glad to get to visit this morning. It has been a crazy week for me and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with garden produce. I like the look of your coloring books and pencils. I've resisted those so far and am hoping I can continue to walk past them in the store. I do not need anything else to distract me right how. hahaha...Glenda #27
A lovely cross made by your Aunt & what a good age to live to. Happy woyww Jill #7
Hi Sylvia, I do hope your renovation completes in a timely fashion, and with no more leaks! How annoying. Tatting, like so much today, is indeed almost a lost art. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx
Seems like there a lot of people getting renovations done - hope things go smoothly! Colouring can be very relaxing so hopefully it will take your mind off the renovations!
Have a great week
Sharon k #34
I feel your pain at the renovations - I too am in the thick of it and only 2 days down the line - ours is estimated as taking 3 weeks! Eek! We must keep saying "it will be worth it". Hope your guys are as good as ours.
Aunty Mildred certainly left you with some of her treasures. Sylvia, those memories will stay and the crosses are beautiful. Am sure you treasure them.
Hugs, Neet xx 10
I must have missed you last week (sorry!) and am sorry for your loss, but what a very great age to have reached. Good luck with the renovation work... Helen #4
That is a fantastic age and I'm sure you will have some great memories. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x 23
Love to see real tatting. Can't believe your Aunt Mildred could create such dainty lace! Good luck finishing your bathroom. We did ours last year, and I was so glad when it was done.
When someone lives to such a great age, it really is a celebration of their life - thank you for sharing her tatting. My grandmother used to make exquisite doilies, I remember they used to be everywhere in my parents' house :-) Happy memories.
Hugs, LLJ xxx
Hi there Sylvia, lovely memory of a dear Aunty... And well I learnt to tat, I made one small item and that was it, give me crotchet any day, I love that! 😊
Thanks for sharing, happy Woyww
Shaz in Oz.x #24
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
It's sad when loved one pass on but it's also great to spend the time with family exchanging memories.
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #18
I am sorry for your loss, Sylvia. It's nice to see you enjoy colouring as well. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, to answer your question, I use Photoshop Elements 13. I never know exactly how to answer questions in the comments on my blog and I always want to make sure to answer. Have a great weekend!
103!!! Do you think we'll make it that long, Sylvia?!?! Sounds like she was a wonderful woman and lived a blessed life. And oh, to still be doing what I love at an old age...only pray I'm that fortunate! Thank you, my dear, for stopping in to visit me! It meant so very much!!! I've scrolled through some of your posts to catch up a bit! Such sweet photos of your grand girls!!! I'm sure you do miss them! LOVED that 50th card...BEAUTIFUL!!! And your new/old table...how fun and functional!!! Love that! Gotta keep moving my friend, but want you to have a wonderful day!!! Thanks so much for your friendship!!!
Post a Comment