Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WOYWW #391

It's so nice to have you visit. It has been a hard week for me, but it is part of life. We lose the good ones sometimes way too soon All I know is that God got an Angel when He called Luke home. 
Julia at the STAMPING GROUND has all the info for visiting others on WOYWW.

My desk last week, start of making a couple of sympathy cards  I've done nothing there since.

First idea was the  beige and dots...but remembering his military involvement, I used that theme
                                                              For his Sister & Husband
I had to make an envelope for the odd size

 Luke served his country in the U.S. Army as a 13B10 Cannon Crew Member in Afghanistan. He received the National Defense Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 2 Campaign Stars, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, NATO Medal and the Combat Action Badge, involved with Navy Seals Mission 7,  Following his honorable discharge in December of 2011, he returned to Britt where he worked on the family farm and did construction. On July 20, 2013, he married Brittany Zadow at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Britt. Luke’s greatest passion was spending time with his family, especially with his son, Colby. He had a love of the outdoors throughout his life. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, stargazing, riding motorcycles and playing his guitar.
He was a member of the United Methodist Church and the Britt American Legion.


 For his parents, on top is the envelope.  The card front     and sentiment inside I forgot to photo. 

The wake was unbelievable, So many flowers, military garden statues, wonderful videos and so many photo boards.  No one left tearless.  The church was over flowing into other rooms and again no dry eyes.  He had went to New Jersey for a rehabilitation for PTSD  and drug use, Veterans day Nov.11 he entered the hospital from an overdose. He died Nov.22nd.  Totally unexpected.  He was an organ donor, and a guy everyone liked and enjoyed. He knew how to make people happy and comfortable, he gave his all to any situation and he had an unending smile.  


I started today with getting out my Christmas totes, and playing Christmas music. I so love my Christmas CD's....it is something my 2 sons remember well.  I've had several phone calls from them to help me get through this ordeal.  Of course this photo of Grand daughter Sky( 6yrs old) winning 4 ribbons in her swimming meet. 8 year olds and under made my day a lot brighter.



If you are interested my ATC's for the Vintage White Christmas can be seen here  LittleTreasures and enlarging the photos make them much better.   Thanks so much for stopping by.



17 comments:

Helen said...

how very sad, sending condolences. Helen #1

Mrs.D said...

Sylvia, my condolences to you and your family, it seems that no one , especially those in authority, realises how disabling and destructive PTSD can be, not just for the individual but the family too.
Bless you for sharing,
Chris #11

Annie said...

Your week sounds to have been a sad one like mine. Life is like that at times and it seems there is so much more the older you get. Sending you big hugs my friend. Try to focus on the happy times.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, wonderful card and write up about a very sad situation. Have a lovely week,Hugs,Shaz #10 xxx

Glenda said...

So sorry for your loss! What a wonderful memorial you have created and I know it will be greatly appreciated. And what a little cutie with her medals!

Sharon said...

Such a sad loss. You made a beautiful and fitting tribute for him.

Take care
Sharon K #33

Heather said...

Sylvia, So sorry for your loss. I worked a short while with Veterans on an Alcohol and Rehab unit...still I get so sad when I hear of someone that has struggled with PTSD. I really wish there was more our governments would do for these young men and women who give their countries their all....hugs to you and to Luke's family. Your little grand daughter is a cutie!! Great job on winning 4 times...that is amazing! Off to check out your Vintage White ATCs....hugs Heather :0)

Unknown said...

Aww! Your granddaughter is precious. And what a perfect sympathy card...so special. Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #38

Dorlene Durham said...

The sympathy cards are so nice and thoughtful. I'm sure they will be appreciated.
Congratulations on your granddaughter 's ribbons. Dorlene #40

Lindart said...

Sylvia, I am so sorry for your loss, such a young age with his life ahead of him, and yet he had already lived so much life. My heart goes out to those veterans who come back from Afghanistan so much worse than they went, and with little or no help to recover. I know your cards will be appreciated and saved. Congratulations to your Grandaughter! She looks very happy with her accomplishment! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of that young man, what a shame that he felt there was no alternative. I'm glad he had a good send off. Doing that LO must have been tough and emotional. Sending huge hugs,
LLJ 8 xxx

Lululiz said...

This is so terribly sad.

Cheryl W. said...

My heart grew heavy as I read your post, Sylvia. You have my sincere condolences. It is so hard to lose a person so young and full of promise. Hugs to you.

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi, your cards were really lovely, so hard to read this post, I am a military wife and mother and all to familiar with stories like these. I am one of the lucky ones, my husband and two kids are good and whole. I will pray for his family. Have a great week! Ginny#45 WOYWW

Sugar Lump Studios said...

What a beautiful tribute! We do not take care of our soldiers enough in this country with continued counseling and help from PTSD. They do not discuss it. I am a former Military Mama (son served in Iraq) and I know he has PTSD, but only from others. It is so sad to hear and my condolences to all.

Morti said...

Sending you love and hugs at this time of loss. It doesn't have to be a direct family member to hit us hard and your beautiful cards I'm sure are a comfort to their recipients.

Keep well, and hope for the bright days - may there be many more ribbons to win, for everyone...
Morti @ 35 (WOYWW)

Neet said...

So very sad to hear of this. What a dreadful illness this is. Thinking of you.
Neet xx