I am in a "Happy" mood today.Having Christmas music playing in the back ground puts me in the spirit of the season. I have my Christmas cards and letters done (78) and mailed, I made mailing labels and updated my address book. Made up a small yearly summary note to include with our Christmas photo card this year. Presents wrapped and labeled, some boxes into the mail for my son and family, laundry, vacuuming done throughout the house, all the visitors beds downstairs are with new linens/blankets. and all the decorating done.Over the past 3 wks (8 trees decorated and lit up (one in each room) 2 large Nativities with lights and 6 small ones all in place. My DH is in wonderment.
We had our Bunco Christmas party last night, with festive foods and gift exchanges. Was a great time.
I want to make a variety of cookies yet (but I wish that every year). But I think I am ahead of the game this year and with the weather being so very cold, I will not be out visiting several open houses.
So looking for a unique raisin or mincemeat filled cookie recipe. I buy them at the cheese mart in a neighboring town when I pass thru.Kind of a treat just for me ! But they are 6 for $5 so I need to make them for Christmas
My desk has seen many changes overs of projects this week. I've several December birthdays and now some special thank you cards I saw a "slinky" project online DIY, so I bought one at the $ store, now I can't find the idea. Also gathered up "Clips" for a project displaying photos
. I was blessed with Happy mail.....photos from my son a few days ago for our Christmas gift.
Nothing more special than photos of the families, as I watch the grand kids grow up so fast.
Thanks for stopping by and for all the sweet comments last week. I appreciate all of your friendships. Have a Merry, Merry, week, preparing for the count down.

18 comments:
Great photo of your son and his family! You are well ahead of the game, hope you can relax and enjoy your Christmas season! Helen #1
Hi neighbor! thanks for reminding me I have to make a special card for my SIL born on the 26th!
robyn 3
I do like the way families do photo Christmas cards over there. I remember spending a Christmas in California with a friend and seeing all the cards from family and friends. It was good to put faces to names for me.
I also went to a Bunco evening never having played poker before it was astounding when I got down to the last three. Pure luck, never to be repeated - think I have forgotten how to play now.
Have a great Christmas
Hugs, Neet 6 xx
Hmm..Lovely cards on your table this week.Don't you just Love Christmas mail with photos!!
Lovely looking desk and a beautiful family portrait too
Happy WOYWW
Kathyk
#10
A lovely photo, your grandchildren are gorgeous. Gosh you are well organised, every year I promise myself I will be - but it never happens :-( Anne x #13
Lovely pic of the grand kids. Hope you get to make/buy lots of special xmas treats and have time to enjoy them. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @15
Oh Sylvia I'm sure you'll have baking time...
.... have you googled a recipe???
I'm sure there will be tried and true recipe out there, I do that all the time now when I've for ingredients and want to make something out of it!!! You can keep your cold I don't do cold. Even at Christmas.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x #7
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
What a beautiful family photo! That's the best prezzy of all 💖💖
I hope you find the recipe you're after, I like mincemeat too!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx
Hi Sylvia, thats a gorgeous photo of the family. Love those Christmas tree cards too. You sound to have been very busy! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx
Lovely desk this morning. Love the photo of your son and family! Merry Christmas!
Lovely photo of your son and family. You sound so very organised it makes me hang my head. I have a LOT to do. I'm trying hard not to panic.
Have a great week
Sharon K #27
What alot of Christmas decorations you have up, your house must be very festive. Lovely photo of your son and his family. Hope you have a good Christmas.
Your comment about the slinky made me laugh - I have a drawer full of projects that I have forgotten what I wanted to do with them! You have a lovely family - I'm still waiting for grandkids! I can't believe you have a tree in each room! What an accomplishment! I have a hard enough time with just one, and I haven't even decorated upstairs yet - best get to it! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #35
Oh my Sylvia, what a handsome son you have, especially in uniform! You must be very proud of him and his gorgeous family. Your husband isn't the only one in wonderment, that is so many trees and decorations, your house must look absolutely beautiful. I make absolutely dozens of mince pies at this time of year, use a sweet shortcrust pastry to encase and a slight teaspoonful of mince mixture and bake. Honestly, every time I turn the oven on to cook a meal, I make another dozen...they're bite size for my DH and he loves them! i haven't thought of trying the mixture for a cookie, if we're both using the same mincemeat mix, I will be interested to see what route you take and how they turn out!
Lovely portrait photo of your son and family. That indeed was Happy Mail! I like how your desk is organized with everything right at your fingertips. You have a Merry week, too! #39
Hi Sylvia,
you are always so very organized and on top of everything:)
I'm slowly getting done.Thanks for sharing the lovely photo of your son and family.Merry Christmas to you.
Hugs,
Marie
How wonderful to get a photo of your son's beautiful family. I love family photos, too. I'm nearly ready for Christmas - I've even gotten the baking done. Yay, me! LOL
Post a Comment