Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

WOYWW # 430


Welcome, it's Wednesday the day we share our work spaces. Our hostess is Julia at the STAMPING GROUND and you can visit her for details of playing along, or visiting around the world blogs who are all doing the same.

Click on the photos to enlarge.  
 I was trying to work with the Tim Holtz  tag punch,  had to leave it. The metal rings are flimsy and evidently the sizes don't correlate with the punches I have and I have 3 different types  all measuring the size I would need for each ring. But I suppose I have to buy TH punches for it to be used ?

 And I must be week in my old age as I cannot get the thing to bend the bottom over the paper.  There were NO instructions so I watched 2 videos before I started  and went back to see what I missed. So if you have any suggestions I am open to trying.

 Worked with garden veggies yesterday all morning, grated zucchini for the freezer, cleaned kohlrabi, green beans,  tomatoes, and kale. I made kale chips and zucchini crisp, cheesy zucchini tots. Garden is about done and I am thankful. It's too much work for me and I only work with what he brings in. I don't plant, weed, water, or pick, he enjoys that and I don't.  Too much sun, bugs, and wind for me.

Some papers I made out of our last beets.  So easy and I love the effects.

Friday I made an ATC HERE,  sorted thru my paper stash, organized my drawers of  embellishments and made some background paper with the oxides.  Was so nice to have a day to play.

PRAYERS for TEXAS.. Hurricane Harvey and Tornadoes,  No electricity for days I cannot imagine what they are experiencing.  So much will have to be destroyed and the cities,  and homes, rebuilt.  And the thousands of  people have lost everything. Cedar Rapids Iowa went through this in 2008 and things still are back to normal.

Thanks for stopping by, thanks for all who left comments last week.  Wishing you all a great week.


16 comments:

Annie said...

Your garden sounds so productive and I'm really interested to hear all the wonderful things you did with it all. I love the effects you got by using the beets too....clever you.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your beet papers look fabulous, Sylvia! Have fun creating with them!
I'm so sorry for everyone who is affected by Harvey. What a terrible storm.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the look of those beet papers; pretty colour but grungy patterns a great combination. Sorry I can't help you with the tag problem, hope you suss it out soon. Sarah #13

May said...

Love your beet papers so clever, My heart breaks for the people who have lost everything in Texas... regarding TH it sounds like you may need his punches to solve the problem... Good Luck... May #10

glitterandglue said...

Morning Sylvia. Can't help with the tag problem, I'm afraid, but you are probably right that everything needs to match and be Tim Holtz stuff. Ouch! Sounds like more expense. You've been really busy, all that veg prep and storage for the winter, plus all the craft sorting. Yes, it's so hard for the folk in Texas at the moment. A couple in our church have family right in the middle of it. They were safe the other day - but really close to those dams.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, what a great crop you have had. I do enjoy some gardening, but with a careful eye out for spiders! They are my one true terror. I agree, it may well be that all the stuff has to be TH.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

Plush Possum Studio said...

Hi Sylvia. I really like your beet artwork! It's one of my favorite colors as well. Looks delicious by design
Happy WOYWW!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW ave a great week xx Jan (30)

Felicia said...

Sylvia, I feel your pain on the punches, sounds like something that would happen to me! LOLOL Wish I could help! Love your "beet artwork!" how clever! I would sooooo love to come get in that garden of yours and partake of some of that yummy cooking you were doing! I LOVE kale chips, they are my fave! :) I have been so sad for the Texas folks. We have only experienced some rain in the southeast. We are blessed, but prayers go up to them all! Blessings to you, Felicia, #32

Glenda said...

Glad to come visit! Had my head down for about a week with computer issues! Happy WOYWW

Helen said...

sorry you can't get the punches to work..can't help I'm afraid. the pictures from Texas are truly awful, those poor people who are affected. helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I can't help with the punches either as I've never used them. Sad time for Texas, flooding is a terrible thing. Wishing you a crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lindart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindart said...

So sorry you are having problems with the TH tags, it looks so easy when he does it on the video. Perhaps a little note to Ranger. . . Thinking about Texas a lot, feeling so bad for the people, but especially for the animals left behind, they don't know what's happening. Will take a long time to recover :-(
Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Sylvia, I do not have those punchies or tags so I am not sure what to suggest. The beet pages look like such a very pretty color :) Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #37

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - love your vegetable decorated papers - what a wonderful idea. I haven't been tempted by the TH tab-maker but I hope you manage to get it working soon. Off to check out your ATC!
Alison x