Welcome, it's an icy, snowy, cold day here, but it makes for enjoying our What's On You Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by Julia at her blog the STAMPING GROUND, And you can click on her blog and visit those linked up, make friends, get ideas, and enjoy
Wasn't able to play along last week, my mother was entered into ER on Sunday and sent on Thurs to the nursing home, for speech therapy and physical therapy. She either had a mild stroke or is in the another stage of her dementia. Had numerous tests done and they found nothing. So will finish packing up her Assisted Living items this week and settle her into the nursing home. It's hard to see her so confused and unable to do things. But she is in good hands, and has had a good life. Hopefully she can get out of that wheel chair, and talk clearly again.
My desk: cleared of Valentines and trying out some new stamps and the TH stamp platform. My one goal this year is to use my supplies. I've so many embossing folders, stamps, dies, inks, papers, and embellishments I've never used. It's like I have a shop right here in front of me.
My other project will be sorting and labeling photos by family. And I'm talking 3-5 big rubber maids so it may take awhile.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and enjoy WOYWW.
15 comments:
So sorry to hear about your mum....what a shame old age doesn’t come alone eh? Really hope she settles into the home and is happy there.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x #12
Yep. Must be something about the beginning of the year, Everyone is in that 'I'm gonna get things sorted' frame of mind. The depressing thing about using old stash is that whatever you do it it only makes a dent. But I get sad when its gone. (Think I have some abandonment issues). Hope your mum improves, so hard to keep positive and see them deteriorate. Happy Wednesday Cindy #14
You have winter we have spring here. 78 degrees yesterday and Easter flowers blooming in my yard! Love your space and good luck with your photo sorting. That can be so time consuming but can also be a great walk down memory lane!
Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear about your mom’s stroke. Hopefully, like you said, she will soon be walking and talking again. I know how difficult this time in your life is, as I went through this with my mom. She had ALS. Sending prayers as I write this.
I also, could shop my own craft room like it was a store and plan to try to not spend this year and just use stash! That being said, I am currently waiting for a Fun Stampers Journey order to come in! #24
So sorry to hear that your Mum has been taken ill Sylvia, hopefully she will be back out of the wheelchair soon. Good luck sorting through all the photos. Sarah #7
Oh, it's such a sad time when we see our parents getting old and frailer - I really hope that being in the nursing home will help settle and calm her. Sending you big hugs Sylvia.
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx
Sylvia, sorry to hear about your mother, but glad the tests came back negative! I so now what you are going through. I am doing the same for both parents! Blessings for peace as you go through and I hope she is up and about soon! LOVE that TH stamp platform! I have been wanting one of those, but can't manage to justify the price! LOLOL So until then, I'll use those blocks and "eyeball it!" Make it a great rest of the week! Felicia #27
Hi Sylvia, sorry to hear about your Mom, I do hope the therapy is helpful for her. You are not alone with having unused supplies. I have so may stamps that have never been inked, and don't even ask about inkpads! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX
oh your poor mum! hopefully she will recover. unused stash?? what me...! just a bit. Helen #1
I need to sort a really big box of photos but I keep putting it off! I do hope your mum settles - it is so hard seeing them struggle isn't it. xx Jo
Hi Sylvia, sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she settles in ok. Have fun using your supplies, yes I have plenty I haven't used yet, maybe this year ... Have a lovely week Heather x #28
I'm right there with you, Sylvia. I have so many unused supplies--too many to even remember them all when thinking about a card design. I send my best wishes for your mother. So good she has excellent care, but I'm sure it's still difficult for her.
Hi Sylvia, sorry to hear about your mum, it's hard for both of you. I will make no comment Lol! re. unused stash.... I admit to nothing! Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x16x
Happy Belated WOYWW. Sorry to hear about the next stage for your mum - what a worry for you all. I am also trying out lots of different ways to use my stash, and thinning out my craft room - donating things that I will not be using. It helps me to be creative when my surroundings are organised/clear. We will probably be moving house in the coming years, so all ready for that. Ali x #13
Sending prayers for your mom's recovery. I need to follow your lead on using what I have. :-)
April #22
Post a Comment