Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

WOYWW # 461

Welcome, where oh where does a week go?  Actually I have been stranded at home for 3 days and didn't realize it was the day to share the work space. Its available for all to become involved by way of our hostess Julia right  HERE

We are back with winter, 4 plus inches of fresh snow, -5 degree temps, school cancellations and the winds rearranging big drifts.  So very ready for "Spring", sunshine and those pretty flowers peeping through the ground.

I've been sorting, organizing, making piles of this and that. Started with seasonal changes of clothes,
easy donations. On to fabric/lace/seasonal decor, glassware, some remaining sons mementos, and the list goes on.  Wondering how things got so out of hand.

The door in back leads to the storage room....the visitors bed is a dumping ground as I sort.  My goal for that room is clear the space and add a table for  sorting, labeling all the photos stashed in a closet.
My desk is partially covered up...actually working on ATC's  somehow I found this Alan Jackson photo while sorting...

Just a note, Easter we went to the movie,  "I CAN ONLY IMAGINE" ....a 5 star for sure.  Highly recommend it.  . Breakfast time here  DH came in from out doors and it sounds like another mess in America. (Tariffs with China, will hurt our farming something terrible.)and a few more fun things added to his work week (baby calves on the way) and (snow to be moved here and in town.). 
Have a wonderful week....

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Sylvia, sorry to hear you've been snowed in. It looks like you used the time profitably however; good luck getting the rest of the sorting done! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Annie said...

Sounds like the weather isn’t being very kind to you just now. Really hope it improves very soon so life can return to near normal for you.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia - what a week you have been having! Trust it sorts itself all out - clearing snow, sorting the farm... and all that sorting in the house. Oh my - well done!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that sorting..well done, monumental task that I only get in the mood to do every now and then! I love the guest bed quilt! Am so sorry about the delay of spring, it does seem never ending this year. Still, we have a=each other to moan at!

Glenda said...

You are very busy there...something I need to do. I still have a closet to clean out of my husband's clothing. A thrift store will get several suites and shoes for sure. I have already taken 3 trunk loads in. Quite a chore. Bad weather here too. Terrible wind and storms overnight and temp drops today and tonight. Hoping we don't wind up with snow.

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW & thanks for sharing! xx Jan (36)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I feel like the sorting thing is endless and gets in the way of crafting. Hope your weather improves soon. Have a great woyww, Angela x17x

okienurse said...

I hope it warms up a bit for you guys. Looks like another cold front is expected to roll through here tonight! I need to do so spring cleaning here too! Always too much of everything! It seems like this business with the prez running his mouth and tweeting is getting out of hand in more ways then one. I read an article where they used RediWhip as an example of the steel tariff. If they impose that tariff on China a can of Rediwhip will go up about 100%, dock workers, the steel plant that makes the cans (the steel comes in on a roll)and the plant that packages the cream will lose workers cause they can't afford to keep them on. It is such a mess and if China fights back with a tariff...there ya go! Farmers will be hurting! I am tired of all the politics lately! Have a good week! Vickie #8

Cheryl W. said...

I was glad to see your post, Sylvia. We just got about a foot of new snow--quite a bit of drifting, too. They're predicting more tomorrow. Ugh! So tired of it. Sorry to hear that those tariffs will have such a negative affect on your livelihood. I imagine it will effect all of us negatively, one way or another. Maybe some nice, warm spring weather would help put us all in a better mood.

Twiglet said...

Our politicians aren't making life any easier for us are they! Annie and I enjoyed a coffee together on a beautiful sunny day - buds are bursting and baby lambs in the fields so I guess we just make the best of what we can. Hope your snow goes soon and you can enjoy a bit of Springtime.xx Jo

Lindart said...

I really hope "he" doesn't screw you up too badly. Maybe he will be gone soon. Too bad about all that snow, we are considering ourselves lucky here to have no more snow remaining on the ground. Not to say we won't get more, but it won't be staying! Your guest room looks a lot like mine! Photos everywhere, and piles and plies of things that have migrated from my craft room. I must get it cleared out! Have a great week, Lindart #30

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Sylvia, well don't feel too bad, I do the sorting thing exactly the same way. beds are just so much more flat space than tables. I figure eventually I will get to the bottom of some of this stuff haha. Hopefully you get some warmer weather soon. ~Stacy #31

Carmen said...

Lots of people sorting and organising on my desk visits tonight. Almost makes me feel guilty about the clutter I'm breeding. Almost ;)

Sorry I'm late - hope you are having a good week.
Carmen x #37