Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WOYWW #472

Welcome to our Wednesday's sharing of the desks...Julia at the Stamping Ground
has all the info on linking up and visiting others who share by way of Mr. Linky.

My desk

 Making some Birthday cards for a friends shop and seems like a long process.
some days it's not what the mind is ready for. 
Some of my free time this week I was happy making some master boards, using various papers and inks.  (gesso, acrylics, oxides) And playing with a new Gelli plate.   I did  stamp new and unused stamps to plain paper for future use and have misplaced them...Imagine that.

Weather here has been windy, wet and wonky.  Completely different 3 miles away. Weird colors and lots of fog. So inside I've stayed and I am making myself sort stuff throughout this house. A box a day.  So today we took 5 boxes to the drop off donation place. I am pretending I am moving !!!!! ... by way of a small truck.  The good thing was my husband helped load and  took me out for some Summer Shanty and a tenderloin.  He's glad to see it go. 

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy a lovely weekend.





14 comments:

Glenda said...

Great photos as always. I also am doing a take down in my house...a little here and a little there. This week my craft room is getting new windows and is torn apart so I decided it's time to make it the way I want it and I'm gonna try and make that happen.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Sylvia, your desk looks very summery with all the butterflies and flowers. I like the look of the mixed media stuff too. Good luck with the rest of the boxes. Sarah #19

Annie said...

I’m just catching up with a few of my favourite blogs while I grab a quick coffee. It’s been a hectic morning to sat the least but I’m really buzzing.
Love the cards and the new masterboards. Well done you for your parting with all the boxes.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, I often get stuck when making a card that i 'have' to make, rather than just doing what i want. hope it goes well. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I applaud you for sticking with the cards. I can't get into cards at all, because they look like a child made them. Yours are looking good already.

Hot and windy here. Staying in the AC is a must, and I think you should pat yourself on the back for getting rid of unwanted clutter. Happy WOYWW from #1.

BTW, I agree with you on the failure of the postal system. My carriers are even worse than yours. I get mail from two streets over and there isn't a week that goes by, I don't have to place someone else's mail in my mailbox to be delivered elsewhere.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think that shedding excess stuff makes you feel so much better - literally a load off your shoulders. What is Summer Shanty though? Never heard of that before! It's also nice to have a definite project to work towards so I hope that your cards do well in your friend's shop!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. I really like those cards - hope they sell well. You had fun with the backgrounds - well done. Just think what they are going to look like when cut up on your cards! Wahoo.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Helen said...

staying inside and crafting sounds perfect! great cards, hope they fly!! Love the backgrounds, too. Helen #3

Caro said...

Well done on the decluttering - I am attempting to do that in my study and it is SOOOO slow! I love the looks of your geli printing. Caro x #24

Twiglet said...

It's so satisfying to drop a few boxes off for charity and a great way to clear out your unwanted stuff. Enjoy your crafting - masterbaords sound very clever! xx Jo

Hazel said...

Love the card, Sylvia. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 #17 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Sylvia, I have to admit staying home crafting does sound like bliss but it can be hard to focus when we already have a focus to craft.
It will be an added bonus when you find those missing backgrounds, I'm forever doing that, if only I could get used to putting them in the same place, life would be so much simpler.
I so need to declutter, it's becoming unmanageable.
All the best with those cards for your friends shop, how lovely.
Happy WOYWW Tracey #4

maddox pax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl W. said...

Fun to see what you are working on. Good for you regarding the sorting. You're an inspiration!