Visit Ms Julia HERE for more info and to visit others sharing their crafty works.
I did have some time to spend in my crafty space this week. My desk:
The beautiful decorated envelopes came in the mail from an order on etsy. Just some gorgeous designs she makes. I am working on a small paper journal with birthday wishes in it for a friend who recently lost her husband a week ago. It was a hard week. I also had a friend who took her own life and mother has serious issues from her stroke. But I think I have things handled a bit better and doing "one day at a time"
Later today I will post my Junk Journal for being the Guest Designer this month. A total surprise, I only entered the "Hinge" journal in the Challenge to win some paints......surpassing a new journal better than the metal one has been much more of a Challenge. Being "NEW" to making journals I've a Lot to learn.
Our roads are now usable. we were hit with 3 inches of snow and it turned to ice on our blacktop for the past 3 days. A warm up is in order for Thanksgiving Day. We have no set plans as yet, but I do wish You and Yours a very Happy Thanksgiving Day. Hoping you can be with family and friends.
We are not the Black Friday shoppers, but I may order some things online and miss the crowds. And of course it might be the time to work with Christmas decorating.



13 comments:
Lovely finds on Etsy Sylivia, I find i'm turning to it more and more for unique buys and everything handmade now.
Good to hear those roads are clear. Wishing you a very *Happy Thanksgiving* what ever you do.
Creative blessings and Happy woyww Tracey #6
I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a tough time with friends and relatives - don't things always happen together? Please take care of yourself as well Sylvia, sometimes you have to be selfish and put yourself first. You have some lovely new stash there, hope you can find some time to use it.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx
I'm here again with a copied and pasted comment I can add to to save me time sitting at the computer....hope you don't mind.
Really sorry to hear you've been going through a tough time. Look after yourself my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x #10
Great desk photo! We usually celebrate Thanksgiving, as hubby's American, but he has to work this year :/
Happy WOYWW:)
Claire, no. 2
I actually struggle to remember when thanksgiving is Sylvia, happy shopping online!
Love your desk share too, with poinsettia cards but the looks, sorry re bad news, so sad, pray for all concerned, every blessing your way as well.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #20
Hi Sylvia, so sad to hear that bad news. But handling it one day at a time is the sensible way forward. I too avoid the shops at this time of year, Black Friday has become a thing over here too. But online, that's another story, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X
It does sound like it has been a tough week. Thinking of you today and always...Happy Thanksgiving my friend!
So sorry to hear you've had such bad news lately, things always seem to come along around the same time.
It's great you've been Guest Designer, I'll have to pop back and see your junk journal later.
Happy Thanksgiving (we celebrate it over here in the UK because my brother-in-law is American - it's an important event for him).
Hope you have a good week and enjoy all that lovely craftiness on your desk.
Diana x #18
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours Sylvia. I think you are being sensible about the online ordering too.
So sorry to hear about the losses that have surrounded you, it must make for a great deal of sadness for all who are touched in some way by these things. Hope the lovely envelopes helped lift your spirits.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx
So sorry to hear about your sadness .... one day at a time is the best we can do when sorrow hits.
So thrilled for you to be chosen as Guest Designer -well done!
have a good week
Christine #23
oh Sylvia, what a dreadful week for you, and I can only imagine how hard you are trying to keep going, one day at a time. Sending virtual hugs across the web! I scrolled through the photos of your junk journal on my way here, it is gorgeous, and congratulations! Helen #1
Hi Sylvia, so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with friends and relatives. It's terrible coping with all that at once, and you are so right in taking it one day at a time. Your journal in the other blog post looks amazing, so much detail! Have a lovely week Heather x #9
Happy Thanksgiving Sylvia (or by now, Black Friday!) I also will not go out on Black Friday - who needs the hassle? But I am working tonight. . .I'm so sorry to hear about the deaths and illnesses you have had to deal with recently. Suicide is especially difficult. Congratulations, however, on being chosen to show your beautiful journal! Have a good week, Lindart #24
Post a Comment