Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

WOYWW # 510


It's What's On Your Workspace Wednesday.   Our hostess at the STAMPING GROUND would welcome you to visit and play along if you want.

My desk today:

I have been sorting scraps/ephemera/stickers etc. down to this...some jewelry to repair
If any one has ideas for easy access of these items let me know. Scraps I've sorted by color in file folders but the rest I am at a loss for.

A card I made for my sister's birthday:


and in the post below is a large ZINE  12x12 paper was used to make a birthday card for my grandson's 16th birthday.  Some were wondering about Zines  YouTube has several great helps, usually 8 1/2 x 11 paper is used, but  the 12 x 12 made a great card. Had fun making it.

My zine for the swap will be post sometime this next week.   You would not believe how much time it took me to load these 3 photos.  So kind of delay somewhere. But once I located them I re saved them and it worked.

And the following post has several ATC's  I made for the Guest Designer and some for the challenge. They were so fun. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is wonderful.  We are still buried in snow, but travel is good and it is now raining.  Our nephew saw robins in his yard 50 miles south so just maybe SPRING will arrive.


16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry Sylvia but I don't have much in the way of ideas for sorting the jewellery. Love the zine, I hadn't seen one like that before so it was useful. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

Hope you get your piles sorted soon.... I use little boxes for small bits of "stuff" the kind that business cards come in (working in an office I sometimes managed to grab the empty ones before they are thrown out) Have a good week - love that card! Helen #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a healthy pile to sort Sylvia. I love adding bit's of jewellery to my creations. Although it can be hard to part with some even if they are broken. I can't recall ever making a Zine I will have to do some investigation on this as you have me thinking now.
It must be a sure sign that Spring is on it's way with the sighting of the travelling Robins. Hope the rain helps wash away the snow.
Keep warm & Happy WoywW Tracey #7

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I had a big sort out of my embellies/scraps last year, and now they are in envelopes by theme (animals, people etc). It does make it easier to do a project. No idea what a Zine is - so will go and take a look at your earlier post. Ali x #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like the card, it looks great popping out of the envelope like that! I have never heard of a zine before, will have to go and check out your other post! Hope the rain continues to wash that pesky snow away :-)
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Glenda said...

Lovely view of your desk! I admit I know nothing about Zine so I will be checking it out! Glad you are now getting rain. We've had flooding here but there are some trees in bloom! It won't be long...take heart my friend!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, great card, love it. Nice desk shot, nothing like a good sort out. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

glitterandglue said...

Morning Sylvia. Great card - must investigate "zine" - never heard of it - I'm a bit out in the sticks here, so don't manage to keep up with new ideas, words, or whatever. Those pesky little bits that don't seem to fit any category? Mine are all in one drawer - so, of course, when making anything... I completely forget I have them. Oh well...
Take care - look out for your robin to arrive.
God bless.
Margaret #1

Annie said...

Love the card and the sound that Spring may be on it's way for you soon.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Marit said...

I really love the size and shape of that 'zine'... will do some more internet-exploring and at this to my 'want to create this' list (which is long already - so many ideas and so little time!) Happy woyww and a big hug from stormy Holland. Marit #19

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Sylvia, I just love your cards - what beauties they are. You've done a great job with the sorting. I have numerous bits and pieces I can't throw out, broken jewellery and even decorations from Christmas crackers are kept, but I found the best thing for keeping them in is a small box with compartments for electronic 'bits' from my husbands favourite electronics shop (I know, sounds dull huh). The box is divided into compartments and you can usually find different sized boxes to suit your requirements and being for men it's about half the price you would pay for a pink one in a craft shop! Hope that might help you - of course you then have to find somewhere to keep the box!!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #16

Kay Hammock said...

Hi Sylvia,
Beautiful card for your sister. I've never made a zine but they look pretty cool. I've seen robins in my yard here. We are getting snow today and it's dreadful. The wind is blowing so hard too. I'm ready for spring!!

Happy WOYWW
Kay (25)

Caro said...

Gorgeous cards. I'm intrigued by the zine - not something I have come across before. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week. With love and God Bless. Caro x (#17)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Certainly looks like a busy desk. Loving the cards too. Our weather here in the Uk has calmed down a little, hope your does too. Have a great woyww, Angela x15x

Lindart said...

Hi Sylvia! I have heard of "zines" many years ago, but not recently - intrigued! Lovely cards, have a wonderful week! Lindart 326

Julia Dunnit said...

I Oh don’t my gosh I hope Spring is approaching you, it’s been a long winter 🥶 out there in Iowa. I’ve sorted my scraps too, I wonder how long it will last.. I so want to look at an emptying box one day and actually see the effort I’ve made to use them up!!
Fascinated by the Zine you made for Cael - bet he loved it. It was a lot of worK, but then I’m still in shock at the thought of a 8 buck card!!!