Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WOYWW #542


Welcome, it was refreshingly fun to be back last week. Thank you for all your visits and lovely comments.  Wednesday's come so quickly, but it's fun to take time to visit Ms Julia at the STAMPING GROUND and visit so many fun bloggers.  Just visit  and play along.

My desk: 
 Cleared up and waiting for "INSPIRATION" to create a few little journals..A tea dyed envelope and a couple of paint chips left over from the collaging in a little Paint Chip Glue Book.  You can see it
HERE
 Above and below is a 1920's photo album I purchased from a local business closing their doors.
The photos are really unique and I might try to find relatives, and maybe use some in some of my tags etc.  I really loved finding the old paper dolls.  Never expected them to be in this album.

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful WOYWW kind of day.


20 comments:

Helen said...

what a great find! Hope your inspiration you are waiting for comes along soon! Helen #1

Neet said...

That is such a great find - how funny that we all buy TH paper dolls and you have your own - will make for interesting tags etc.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Shoshi said...

What a wonderful find, Sylvia. It would be lovely to find out who the people were. I’ve got old albums of my Mum’s with pictures of her childhood in the 20s and 30s - I love the little B&W contact prints - actually (showing my age!) I’ve got any amount of these of Yours Truly as a little ‘un in this format too! We always had those albums with the black pages and the little photo corners you had to stick down. Memories... Mum was always meticulous about writing on the back of photos to say who they were, because she found it so frustrating when people didn’t do this, and expected everyone to know. I’ve got quite a collection of family pics going way back. I’ve scanned loads of them to put in mixed media albums etc. - they make real treasures. Finding the paper dolls in that album too, that was a treat! Not seen those before.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #14

Annie said...

How lovely to have found them. Thanks for calling by earlier and for my birthday wishes.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Sylvia that photo album is gold! How fascinating, and the paper dolls must be pretty rare. Love the big To Do pad, I hope its empty and you have nothing but playtime at hand...specially in those lovely colourful glasses!

Glenda said...

You just never know what you will find when you purchase something old! You seem to have found a treasure! Happy WOYWW! Glenda #18

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a curious find, those photos and paper dolls! Have fun creating with them! The paint chip glue book is intriguing as well! I envy your desk space - I need to create some space too before I can create anything else! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #16

Anonymous said...

Would love to see your journals when they're finished. Happy crafting from #21.

Lillianb said...

What a lovey find and hoper you get a lot of joy out of them, hope you get inspiration soon,



Happy WOYWDW
Lilian B # 9

Crafting With Jack said...

Hello, I had a look at your paintchip collages. We must belong to the same FaceBook group. I didn't finish mine, too much else on the go! Have you done the October free collage set yet? Hoping to combine mine with a Halloween images. I know exactly what you mean by no one understands when they look, I am sorting out a bedroom, getting there bit by bit. x Happy WOYWW!

Sue Jones said...

wow what a find how lovely.Have a great week.
Soojay 26

Caro said...

Wow! That old album really is a reasure. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#6)

Heather M said...

Hi Sylvia, that was a great find in the album. I hope you have a lot of fun with the paper dolls. Have a lovely week Heather xx #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you're going to have fun with those when inspiration strikes. Wishing you a very happy though rather late woyww, Angela x13x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So much clean space to create in, you will soon be inspired by those wonderful finds and give them life again with you lovely albums and tags.
Happy WoywW Tracey #3
P.S Thank you for the Bday wishes xx

Kath said...

Hope you didn't have to wait too long for the inspiration!
Kath #29

Sarah Brennan said...

What a brilliant find Sylvia. I like what you did with your paint chips in the previous post too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, what a great find. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Sylvia, you have us all oo-ahhhing over wonderful eclectic mix you picked up at a closing down business ... I really love the paper dolls, who’d have thought and my fav is mum pegging out the washing, how amazing! It’s a little sad that someone took the time for all those photos to go in there and now they’re just scrapped...
Happy belated WOYWW.
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lindart said...

What a cool treasure find! I'm sure you will find uses for them! Sorry for the late visit, October has been crazy! Looking forward to a quieter November. Lindart #28