Sometimes it takes music to get me back to some normalcy. Sissel's voice speaks to me.
Happiness, Sadness, it's the world we live in, You have to find ways to cope and go on
It's been 2 weeks of young friends having accidents, some creating very serious injuries (2), some death (3). and a couples dealing with 1 ALS or 1 Pancreatic cancer and 2 other Cancer.
Life, Family, Friendship, Memories all play a part in our daily lives. And it's a lot of saddness for so many when people you love and enjoy are having a tough time. You share that sorrow.
It's hard to say goodbye, It's hard to see young people immobile and struggling. I've prayed a LOT, and I am thankful we are personally doing ok. My husband's mouth surgeries have created discomfort for him, but he deals with it well and so far no set backs. A few check ups and new teeth maybe in March.
I miss my sons and their family...they have so many things going on with work, kids, actiitivies and their communitiy. Distance separates us. I've a hard time accepting that fact. It's now, not like when I grew up. Granma and Grampa were always nearby to share everything. Just isn't that way now.
So thank you Sissel...for sharing your talent, for helping me get through this thing called life.
I'll no doubt have some Maddie Poppe 's lively song HERE
Blessing to you and yours this THANKSGIVING season.
5 comments:
Sylvia I'm so sorry to hear about all the uproar in your life right now. I know it is always hard but as we begin the mad dash through the holidays I think it can be more difficult. I lost my Mom right before Thanksgiving and my Dad passed on Christmas Eve. My late husband's birthday was Christmas Eve so the holidays are always hard for me. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I really enjoyed the song!
I'm so sorry that you are experiencing so much loss and sadness. It's a little frightening as we grow older and see friends and dear ones become ill, disabled or pass away. That is why I enjoy the crafting community so much--they are a caring and supportive group that we can turn to for comfort.
Hi Sylvia,
I am sorry for your losses and sadness. This time of year is a struggle for so many for different reasons, but when someone has passed it makes it more difficult. I understand what you mean about things not being the same. I myself am estranged from a Mother and siblings who live ten minutes away. The senior center has been a great place to go to get out and away from constant medical appointments. Crafting is good for our minds and souls. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! sending hugs!
Hello Sylvia, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. We can't lift the burden of those we love, but we can't lighten it. I am too fans of those favorite movies yoy posted in your profile. I may i suggest, The Kominsky Method on Netflix, i believe. It's Golden Girls but for men and is hilarious. I think your husband would laugh out loud as will you. Peace be with you...hugs, Joycekers.
So sorry to hear what a tough time you've had sending hugs
Post a Comment