Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

WOYWW #556


Another bright sunny day, welcome to another desk sharing Wednesday. Ms Julia will let you visit others or post your own and partake, more info on her sight  HERE

My desk today:

I think I've temporarily settled for my method of storing clear stamps. These are just to the left of my desk, so they are handy. There are 3 more baskets on my desk but I can't find that photo. 
PHOTOS are about to send me to the crazy house. 


This is the end of my desk and sorting pens, every variety there is.. Are they to lay flat to work well? Or stand up with point pointed down in a vertical container?   I welcome your ideas.  I moved the washi tape to this area, as the baskets of clear stamps took it's place .  but this will still be handy for me.
Next week I'll be able to share some projects I've been working on. Valentines, Playing Cards and maybe a few surprises.   Have a great week.

16 comments:

Helen said...

I think your baskets of clear stamps look just fine there.. as for the pens, mine are flat but I don't use pens to colour very often so they are all over... my "doodling" pens, fineliners and so on, are thrown next to the craft mat on the floor along with everything else...... not ideal but within reach when working down there! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

The tidying is going well Sylvia. I tend to store my pens on their sides in boxes or storage trays except my sparkle pens which I keep nib up in containers as they have a tendency to leak if stored any other way. Your stamp storage looks a good idea. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Crafting With Jack said...

I think all pens are supposed to be stored flat. I keep mine in "book" boxes. Happy WOYWW Angela #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The baskets are a great idea and I think it's always worth having a move round now and then as I often find things I had forgotten about but that's just me maybe! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, great stamp storage. I keep pretty much all of my pens flat, except the White gel ones, they always seem to dry out however I store them. I know the advice for Distress pens is horizontal, and for most alcohol markers too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

Annie said...

I've never given it a thought as to how to store pens properly...ive got most of mine stood in a pot but I don't have/use many.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Glenda said...

It is always nice to have things close at hand. I love having my most used items at arms length which makes me crazy some days. I've been putting things into a basket that usually takes up so much space across the front of my desk. It looks neater for now. We have been in the 40's here for temps. Not too bad really. Have a great rest of the week!

Neet said...

I often have this debate with myself - how to store pens. I usually look up the individual pens to see how they recommend storing them - Google is great for that. I know my Promarkers are stored on their side (flat) and if I think about it so are my black and white ones as they are in pencil cases.
Your clear stamp storage looks fine - you can easily see them all.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Sylvia, it's a dilemma with pens I often have to remind myself. Brush pens like copics I always store upwards as there is more nib to absorb the ink and I'd rather use it on a project than it sit in the brush until I next use it. Some aqua pens like to be stored in the same way. Like us humans they all have their own individuality. If there's enough ink in the pen most are ok to store flat.
Your storage looks fine, what ever works for you is the best way, with an expanding range of stamps I find storing quite a challenge.
Happy WoywW Tracey #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The boxes of stamps are great, at least you can flip through them easily to find what you want. In fact, your whole desk is looking so organised, it's fab! Hope you get some time to play with your stash this week :-)
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you have the right ideas for clear stamps Sylvia, I am definitely headed that way too, I am currently rethinking shelf space. I would say ‘watch this space’ but oh boy does other stuff get in the way and cause a knock on effect! How’s this then...I store my felt tips flat, my gel pens are stored flat and anything is else is shoved very unceremoniously in a pot, upright on the whole, but not necessarily. It’s not that it’s by any preference, it just worked out that way when I felt the organising bug and found a home for my ‘arty’ pens. You win the washi tape prize too...I think I’ve got about four rolls, but mind you, I’m not sure where. Trouble with a dedicated space is that you can easily end up with the same stuff in two or more places! You’re doing well and I’m very glad to read that you don’t drive in Winter, it’s too scarey.

Anavon Harris said...

I think your baskets are a great idea... I have just tossed into a drawer, then I can never seem to find the set that I am looking for.

Caro said...

Love your clear stamp storage, but especially the washi tape storage - never seen anything like that and it looks fantastic! Happy WOYWW. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Elizabeth said...

Impressive stamp storage. I still haven't tackled mine but I have plans. I store pens flat because, as I understand it, those with a tip at each end need to be kept that way so the ink doesn't pool at only one end. Happy WOYWW. Elizabeth x #19

Lindart said...

I'm pretty sure everyone says to lay the pens flat, so I have them like that in a box. I like the standing up look better though! Your storage system for your unmounteds seems to be a good one for now! When I did them that way I soon has 10 boxes and then had to find a new way! Ha ha! Oh well. I also like having everything with in reach or sight, or I just forget I have things. Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #23

craftyani said...

I stored my pens nib down, but here in Spain they tend to dry up very quickly. Ani#27