Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

WOYWW #563



Welcome, hope you are having a great day and enjoying our Wednesday WOYWW,  New to this your can find info HERE at STAMPING GROUND. Ms Julia our hostess, has all the details.  But one warning it is addictive. 

My desk for this week:


I found a new package of white eggs from a sale last year, so I was going to cover them with lace, and maybe a few with collage papers.  Well the glue was WRONG and the lace fell off !  I have not 
restarted working with this array of fun things. I need a different glue, will no doubt have to order it as this country is pretty much closed for everything.  

Covid 19 Virus  (Corona)
 Limited grocery store hours, no Toilet Paper to be found, nor hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol.
No churches open, Only 10 at a funeral, All schools closed, list is long so it's stay at home. AND I kinda like that, except for our weekly breakfast out to visit with friends and our weekend ritual. Even the weather is dark, rainy and gloomy. 

And for some reason this posting will be un aligned, just going where it wants too. 

Have a great week, hope your area has somewhat normal living, as this is beyond fun.


13 comments:

Glenda said...

Good to see you posting this morning. I have decided to isolate myself here at home and am hoping this blows through without a huge lot of craziness! I did a monthly grocery run last week and am good for awhile. I'm hoping to be able to make do with the groceries on hand and then I will only need to go for medicines.
Stay well my friend.
Glenda #19

Belinda said...

Look at all that beautiful lace! I can't wait to see your covered eggs. Thanks for sharing your crafty happenings.
Yes, all is the same here. Everyone is hunkered down at home. It's wonderful to have hobbies to turn to in times like these. Pop on by to see what I am up to when you have free time!
Belinda #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, shops here in the UK are now starting to ration quantities that people buy, as the idiots are just stockpiling. No toilet rolls here either, and people with babies are struggling to get baby milk,nappies etc. Just what is wrong with people. I swear, many will still be using the toilet rolls they've bought at Christmas! Stay safe, have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's very much the same here too, G and I are social distancing as he has health issues. And while I'm happy to be at home, it's having a terrible knock on effect for small businesses.
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Sylvia - well you can't get much better than a desk covered in the most beautiful lace and trimmings - what a wonderfully inviting place to work. I hope you get the right glue soon as I'm looking forward to seeing your finished pieces.
As Shaz said it's crazy here, shelves are being stripped and my local supermarket had one person go in early one morning and buy all the toilet rolls the shop had - it must have taken a lorry to get them all home. Luckily we have a wonderful local self-isolation support group on FB where the community are pulling together and helping the people who need it - giving nappies and baby milk to mothers who can't get hold of any and doing shopping errands for the elderly. We really are seeing the best and the worst of society at the moment.
I hope you stay safe and enjoy some gentle crafting with your beautiful stash!
Hugs, Diana x #17

Helen said...

Shelves are stripped bare round here in the supermarkets.. I wonder where people find space to store it all..... stay safe and let's hope things get back to normal sooner than everyone fears.... Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I hope you manged to get your glue and finish the project. One mention on the TV about people emptying the shelves in a supermarket somewhere and everyone went mad, crazy! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you manage to source some glue online to finish the eggs Sylvia. We are starting to go into shut down over here in the UK too. Schools closing tomorrow for all but vulnerable children / children of key workers so it will feel more like child minding than teaching. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe. Sarah #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Unaligned..a good reflection of how we’re all feeling really! It doesn't look horrid though Sylvia, so that’s a positive. Great idea with the eggs, so much better than just paint! and a bummer about the glue. Had to smile, we’ve all got so many glues and things that it’s really bad luck that the one you haven’t got is what you need...it always causes me to buy too much other stuff too..you know, to make the delivery worth while!! Be a good couple and work hard at keeping well wont you. Xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. Hope you get the right glue for those eggs - they will look so good when done. It's the same here in the shops - many shelves empty - but mainly due to people grabbing so much and not thinking about anyone else I'm afraid. The biggest consolation in all this is knowing that God, Eternal, Almighty, knows the beginning from the end. He is faithful. He changes not.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #5

Heather M said...

Hi Sylvia, I'm avoiding going to the shops - sending Mr M instead, but he says shelves are half empty, and lots of basic rations missing - people are stockpiling as if it is the end of the world. Why can't they realise they are making a bad situation 10 times worse for the poor people who now can't get their normal weekly supplies! World gone crazy! Stay safe, and have a lovely week Heather xx #13

Caro said...

The lace is stunning. Take care my friend. Happy belated WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes shutting down every where Sylvia hope you’ve found good glue, am not sure what though,
Lovely desky share sorry I’m so late and brief.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith! Praying you’re all kept well too!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}