Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

WOYWW #567

Welcome, I am loving that it is Wednesday 1/2 way through a miserable week. Five inches of heavy wet snow Sunday, now melting to make a mess outside. Drifts with the high winds. It was sunny to day but 30 degrees.  With this confinement I loved to be able to go out, see some green grass, walk on a sunny day and have the windows open. Maybe next week. 

It's share our desk day, hostess Julia HERE has information about the process. I do apologize for only visiting about half.  I was/still having eye issues. Even my cheaters don't help.  I noticed a week ago some blogs I can hardly read as print seems so light colored.  Just got new glasses but not helping. 

My desk:  well I took over our bar, (we don't use it anymore unless the grand kids come to play games) cleaned it out, using shelves for journaling materials/storage.
The top is for Collage work, making master boards,  some days using Rolodex cards, other days some exchanges. 
Here are the 3x3 cards I made from a  12x12 master board for an exchange. I will keep 8 and mail 8.  It was a really fun project.  Similar to ATC's but larger 



But here is the area I am creating on:

 A few of the items I use,  glue, washi tape, rubber stamps,  I was lucky to win a bid for a bigger Rolodex  these cards are 3x5  where mine was small 2x3   but no doubt will use both.

A few of the collage supplies to work with scrap papers sorted by size, stamps, distress ink, It was a fun project and I will try to make 4 or 5 Rolodex's cards a week.  I do think I will work on the inside of the small journals the next few days. In my last post I had made the covers.  I am thankful for enjoying my crafty space, not much else to do besides meal prep, dusting, laundry and sorting photos. None of which are my favorite. 

Thank you for your visits last week, please Stay Safe and may you and yours find happiness and laughter in the simple things. 



21 comments:

Annie said...

I think we are all appreciating the little things in life much more at the mo. It's good to see you're enjoying creative times. Sorry to hear about your eye problem though.
Hugs,
Annie x #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry about the horrid weather Sylvia. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the outside again soon. Love your cards from the master board. I only have one of the smaller Rolodex' so haven't done much with it yet. I can see more possibility with a larger one. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Marit said...

Oooh, I do love those 3x3 cards very much, seems like a fun project and I might try working in that size (making collage that small should be fun!) Thanks for visiting my blog earlier, stay healthy and safe dear! Love from Holland! Marit #21

Neet said...

It seems all wrong for me to be sat here in sunshine and you in such conditions as you mention. Hope the weather takes up for you before too long and you can get out and about and see some greenery.
Lovely cards, my words have you been busy. What a lovely idea to make them that size.
Stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant card idea. This looks like a great way to make a Masterboard too. I could do with using up some bits and pieces and this collage effect is a great way to do it. Take care and happy creative woyww, Angela x17x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, hope the weather improves for you, horrible when you can't even go outside in your own garden. Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Snow? Good grief, that's amazing - we've had four weeks of beautiful sunny and warm weather. Thank goodness as it's made the lockdown a little more bearable. You've done a great job sorting out there and using some of the forgotten stash as well!!
Keep safe and well,
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Lillianb said...

Love the cards you made from the mother board,and a great work space and hope your eyes improve,

Lilian B #13

Sue Jones said...

Snow???! - eek! no thanks - the sun is out today in East Anglia and i am very happy about that. Sorry you have been having eye trouble - hope they dont feel sore anymore. lovely cards.Take care and keep safe Soojay#19

Glenda said...

I'm sorry you have had snow and cold again or is it still? I would love to share some of my sunshine but we are a bit cool today. Loving the look of your desk!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. Those cards are lovely - well done. Glad you so enjoyed making them all. Lots of fun. Winter isn't yet over with you. We have had sunshine here today - but it's very cold at nights still. Hope spring arrives for you soon.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #6

Helen said...

Please keep the snow.... your cards are just gorgeous, glad you've enjoyed making them. Take care and have a good week. Helen #4

Twiglet said...

Your little cards are really lovely - good to have something crafty to concentrate on. Stay safe xx Jo #13

BJ said...

Super cards, love them all and the bird on your desk caught my eye too.
Thanks for the visit BJ#20

My name is Cindy said...

Looks like you have plenty to be getting on with butI think we all welcome a chance to be outside when we can. good result on the roladex - that'll keep you busy!! Stay safe, stay well, Happy WOYWW Cindy #12

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your 3 x 3 cards, did you print the embellishments your self or did you manage to find small enough ones? Amgela #24

sandra de said...

Snow at this time must be annoying, just when your part of the world was starting to enjoy some warmer rays of sunshine. We live in strange times. Lovely to see your vintage creations and also good to see the repurposing of space for your endeavours. We are now in Autumn in my part of the world and I can grow the small tomatoes into winter as our climate is relatively mild. Stay safe and warm.
Sandra de @10

Diana Taylor said...

Your little collage cards are just beautiful. I think I would want to keep all of them! I hope the snow goes away soon and you get to enjoy the outdoors again.
I hope you have agood week, stay safe and well,
Diana X #16

Caro said...

Sorry about the weather - that really does make things more difficult. I am loving your art work though - those 3x3 cards are wonderful. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#3)

Shoshi said...

I love your 3 x 3s, Sylvia - what a smashing idea. It's quite fun sometimes, the discipline of working small, isn't it. I am sorry to hear you are having eye problems. It sounds as if you are having some pretty harsh weather! It's been so warm and sunny here, although raining again today.

Keep safe and well, and happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #1

Kelly said...

Good morning, Sylvia
Love those 3x3s I really need to try my hand at masterboards. Just soooo many things and not enough hours in the day. Glad you enjoyed coffee and cookies last week. I'm testing this week about doing without during the week.. just a treat on the weekends. This morning is sinus soother tea as teh pollen count is horrid and my sinus' are miserable.
Cya Wednesday.. Creative Blessings! Kelly #26