Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

WOYWW #601

Welcome, it's gonna be an awesome weather day 50's in December and as yet no wind !!!  I am excited. Outdoor time seems important during this pandemic. 

It was so fun to see those of you who partook in the great Chat group on Saturday. I would make the early effort to visit  Again thanking our Hostess and you can visit her HERE for this weeks fun on WOYWW.

My desk:  the floor and the kitchen stove for this project

Packing paper...I had saved Avocado Skins/Seeds that I boiled and obtained a pink color, so I dyed these papers. A perfect day to dry outside with sun and no wind.  I'll use papers in paper projects.  The color really didn't show up too well here, 
In a prior post I had shown old tattered canvas that my husband was discarding and I salvaged to use in journal making.

Some of the layouts pending...wondering if  a little glue/gesso then slow stitching with dark tattered threads.  "PENDING" ....
Larger one may be a pocket wall hanging. 

I've so many things "Pending" and need to do Christmas letter today and get some packages ready for mailing.  Will make a trip today to finalize things for the grandkids in NJ. 

Bailey knows my every step ...Just as I wanted to move my computer to the desk area Saturday for our visit he decided to take refuge on the top of the printer !  

May you all have a happy week, staying safe, and enjoying all that you love. 

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was fab to see you on Zoom at the weekend! You seem to have lots of projects on the go, so do I and none of them are getting finished!! Hope you have a good week,
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Chana Malkah said...

I love using packing paper in my projects! I particularly love using it to create flowers and book covers! I have never dyed it. I must give that a go!

Can't wait to see your final project decisions!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #31

Helen said...

Glad you were able to join the fun on Saturday, it did make the day go with a whizz bang! Great idea to die the paper. Helen #3

Felicia said...

Sylvia, what a great idea with dyeing the papers! I have never heard of doing that with the avocado! I bet it really does look great in person! Further more, the project you have go going on with the salvaged canvas is looking AWESOME!! I love what you are doing with it!! I have to say kitties are so super smart and Bailey looks like he's giving you the what for!! LOL Saturday was great fun and hope to do it again soon! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #29

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was great to see you on Saturday. I think it was a fun experience. I like how you dyed those papers using avocado skins and seeds. I still don't have enough to made a proper dye bath. I nbet that canvas is going to be great when you finish it, though. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Glenda said...

Would you just look at all the creativity here today. Sorry to be late to the party but it seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short! I love how creative you are with dying your papers and so very patient with it as well. Not sure I'd have the patience. Today we will be at 60 degrees and I will be mowing to chop leaves. I still have two oak trees that haven't dropped leaves yet. Sometimes they do and sometimes they hold them until Spring. It's always a surprise what they do. Hope you enjoy the sun!

Sarah Brennan said...

It was great to see you on Saturday and put a face to the name Sylvia. Love the look of that pending canvas. hope you manage to get your CHristmas letter done and everything posted. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

It was so lovely to see you on Saturday. That pending canvas looks really interesting. Had to laugh at the antics of your lovely kitty! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#33)

Diana Taylor said...

It was lovely seeing you on Saturday, and putting faces to names! You always have such interesting things to show on a Wednesday - I have never dyed with Avocados and it's amazing they produce pink dye isn't it. The projects are sounding rather gorgeous already - words like tattered threads and slow stitching are making me want to reach for my needle case!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #20

Shoshi said...

Lovely to see you on the Zoom, Sylvia. I love using anything recycled, and a lot of packing paper is great because it's nice big pieces. Your dyeing is perfect for that! Bailey looks so cute on the printer. In our first house, our old cat Purdey was always on my hubby's photocopier in his office and he said if she didn't get off, he threatened to photocopy her! She didn't get off, so he did! It's a really funny picture - the fur of her tummy and a couple of paws! It was one of those old fashioned photocopiers that used to move from side to side and she would stay on it while it was moving!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18