Welcome, another Wednesday in our world. It's been some beautiful January days, showing us great beauty in Nature.
Today we are sharing our desks, and Ms Julia HERE gives us the opportunity to visit many arond the world thru Mr. Linky. You can join in, she has those details at the top of her blog, make visits, and enjoy.
MY DESK:
The beginning of 2 birthday cards. Embossing folder gives 14 candles. So when turning the card over I have 28 on each single page. I need 88 on one card and 103 on the other. Distressed the candle flame with yellow. 103 being an odd # I cut out 1 extra candle with sparkly paper
I decided a little booklet would be the answer. I used different colors on the front and back of each page
I added a birthday wish on the cover, I will post the finished process tomorrow.
I decided a little booklet would be the answer. I used different colors on the front and back of each page
I added a birthday wish on the cover, I will post the finished process tomorrow.
I had fun making the envelope for Lucille who will be 103. I will hand deliver this so didn't have to worry about mail delivery.
Thanks for all the lovely comments last week. I hope you are all safe and finding things to do to keep you sane. I am fine with being at home, but I sure am missing my grandkids and their Mom and Dads. It is mostly due to Distance You can't just come and go.
Stay Safe and Thanks for visiting.





20 comments:
Great cards Sylvia - I think I have that embossing folder too (Cuttlebug?). Our snow hasn't lasted long and is nearly all gone now although there was a light dusting on the ground this morning when I got up. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3
oh Sylvia, what gorgeous cards but the trees in the snow look stunning! Luckily we've not had any in my part of England, today it is pouring with rain! take care and stay safe. Helen #2
Lovely cards, Sylvia! I also love the pictures of the icy trees, so pretty!
Be well and stay safe,
Chana Malkah, #5
What gorgeous shots to greet the reader on your blog. Snow always looks so pretty on trees like that doesn't it.
Wow, that is some birthday card you are making - 103 is a great age. Hope she is safe and well looked after.
Happy New Year to you, stay safe and well,
Hugs, Neet 17 xx
Lovely cards and what a lovely age they both are, great looking desk with all your destress ink there. Hope they both have great birthdays,
Take care and stay safe,
Lilian B #11
Sorry I didn't get to leave messages last week [I did read all my favourite blogs though]. Thankfully the side effects from my injection have just about worn off now [it's taken all week though :-(].
What a lovely job you are doing with the special cards...such a nice idea.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs,
Annie x #8
Hi Sylvia!
Snow! What lovely photos, with the blue sky.
I love how the candle cards turned out! And congratulations later this month to Lucille - 103 years is no mean feat, especially after last year...
Happy WOYWW
Morti #23
Such lovely snow photos! Nature can really amaze me with her glory sometimes. We have been experiencing gorgeous sunrises and sunsets! At night the sky is literally pink ... so gorgeous! Love your cards they will be much appreciated! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Love the snow photographs! We have had snow this morning, then it stopped and melted, snowed again, stopped and . . . . you get the picture!!
you have your work cutout with those cards but . . . send love from me.
Have a safe week, stay warm.
Christine #28
Lovely snow photos. Ours has all gone but we do have tiny tiny flakes falling today. This is my New Year virtual hug - thank goodness for our WOYWW link up. It does us good to know there are still folks out there thinking about us and loving what we do. Enjoy your crafting. Best wishes. xx Jo
Love your snow photos! Rarely get snow in southern Arizona. How cool to make a 103 birthday card!! She'll enjoy it!
Have a great week!
Carol N #30
Those trees look so cold! Its cold here but no snow. 103! Certainly seen the World change many times! I used do have some of my punches as you do, but know thay are all in plastic boxes under my workbench. Only the ones \i use a lot are out, so I can grab them quick.... but they get lost under all my off cuts. Have a Happy WOYWW. Stay Safe. ((Lyn)) #25
The first picture of your tree with all that beautiful snow looks magical.
103?! That's amazing!! great job on your candles and cards. Enjoy your week!
Wow 103, how lovely and well done on getting on those candles on her card. Have a lovely week. Soojay #31
You hit the nail on the head Sylvia. I am fine at home, but am really missing our daughter, specially as I trip over her pile of Christmas presents every time I vacuum! I think the idea of a book full of candles is brilliant, and 103 is a triumph of age and art! How an idea. So happy to read that the weathers being good at the moment, such beautiful photos.
Lovely cards, Sylvia, and congratulations to the splendid lady on reaching 103! Your snow is so beautiful. We haven't had any and probably won't, living in the mildest corner of the UK. It's been quite frosty in the mornings, though.
Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18
Hi Sylvia, love the cards - that embossing folder is great, and how you have put them all together. I'm missing my grandchildren too, and my daughters, and their hubbies. I'm grateful we got to see them on Christmas Day, but I sure do miss the play dates and sleepovers. Have a lovely week, Heather xx #14
This candle cards turned out brilliantly and such a great idea. I saw your Thursday post. Have a great week Angela #13
Just realised I commented on the wrong post! I love the snow photos - so stunning, and the cards turned out brilliantly. Sorry I'm late. Wishing you a happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)
Beautiful photos to start!
Love the idea of the booklets illustrating all the candles.
Sorry for the late visit!
Happy New Year and happy WOYWW!
Susan #15
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!
Post a Comment