Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

WOYWW #640

Greetings to all !  It's been awhile and I've missed all of you.  I did pop in to many just to update myself but left no comments.  Weeks of Vertigo/hip out of place to give me a painful sciatica and I pierced a nerve while eating prime rib small bone that has a jagged edge, getting caught in my partial and that wire edge pierced my gum. Dentist said healing could be 2 wks. So just eating soft items on the left side.  

My only activity was trying to keep up with him bringing garden produce from his garden for me to freeze or make juice.  Can be totally exhausting.  

Today  I did go downstairs to create, but such an overload of  stacks here, there and everywhere. It will take me weeks to sort out.  We did go to a few thrift shops, garage sales, and car shows. He thought I needed to get out of the house and the walking helped me so much. 
 
My desk:  a few things from the shops.   colored dominoes, 2 German books, beautiful lace, music books, metal door pieces, old 1944 scrap book with discolored papers,  all for mixed media projects I hope to create. !   

Then he brought this home.  I've had a hard time getting on/off my regular bike this year, so no riding it.  He really wants me to exercise !!  

Linking up with Ms Julia  HERE  and you can visit and/or play along with all of us.

Have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.  

16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the new bike Sylvia - hope it makes exercising easier. ALso hope that you are fully fit again soon and the nerve heals well. Nice stash from the thrift sores. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Helen said...

En joy the new bike - I reckon I could manage one like that, last time I rode a bike I couldn't stay upright! Hope you feel more like you soon - what a lot of trials you're going through! take care, Helen #1

Christine said...

I am soooo jealous of your trike!! Tell himself that if he finds another one to let me know!!! Seriously that is a good bring home, look at the basket on the back. . . . it's asking for a top to keep your shopping safe . . .
Hope your feeling better soon, I started the year with surgery on my mouth . . soggy, soft food doesn't taste all that good.
Take care and have a good week
Christine #18

Crafting With Jack said...

I Hope your mouth heals quickly. I Could stay on a bike like that, but I wouldn’t have the power to get it moving! Angela #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the trike!! I need something like that as I suffer from vertigo too and my balance skills leave a lot to be desired. You’ll have a ball whizzing along on that - I hope you sing Daisy Daisy as you bowl along. I’m sorry that you’ve had a rough patch health wise and hope that all is on the mend now.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Glenda said...

Good to see your post! Loving all the things you have acquired and that tricycle is so cute. I also have one of those in storage but mine is not is good order...found in a barn and never worked on. Have a good rest of the week!

Twiglet said...

Hope you are feeling better now Sylvia. I love the trike - you will love getting out and about on that. xx Jo

Shoshi said...

So sorry to hear you've been in the wars, Sylvia - it all sounds very painful, uncomfortable and difficult for you. I love the new trike, though - great idea! I hope you enjoy riding it. It looks as if you got a good haul from the charity shop. I know the feeling, trying to keep up with fresh garden produce coming in! I love the food but sometimes it's a bit frustrating because it won't wait and has to be dealt with, and it's always studio time that gets pushed to the bottom of the heap!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #15

Caro said...

oh Sylvia, it sounds like you have been having a really tough time. The trike looks fab so I hope that you enjoy it. Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

StampinCarol said...

Great bike! And with a large basket! Enjoy!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Carol N #26

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Sylvia, that man cherishes you….finding ways for you to exercise that you might actually enjoy. Sciatica is so miserable and it’s so important to stay mobile, I wish I’d been able to come to a couple of rummage sales with you! I am always amazed that you both have time for anything other than farm work, and oh boy, won’t the winter taste better for all the preserving you’ve done this summer!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear you feel well enough to join us again. The new bike looks like fun. Wishing you a happy woyww evening, Angela x19x

Spyder said...

WE made Tomatoe chutney last year... not this year though, the tommys have grow so well, we're eatting them off the vine! Nice little hull of mixed media goodies! Keep on Crafting! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #24

Susan Renshaw said...

I would love a tricycle like that!
We got out and walked for two hours - it really does you good - but I know about it today. I hope our charity shops will open again soon - still in firm lockdown!

Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Lindart said...

Poor Sylvia! I feel so bad for all the pain you must be going through, mouth pain is never any fun at all. The new bike looks great! Do you think you will use it? He obviously loves you a lot, new bike, garage sales and flea markets! Wow! Have a great week, Lindart #29

SusanLotus said...

You'll probably get started again! :)

I know everything about aches and pains. Have osteoarthritis and more or less chronic sciatica - which I think you also have. I last sat on the couch for three months, but can now walk again.

We grabbed my hobby room a month ago and now it's starting to feel nice to sit here again. It was so messy! I felt really bad about it. But now it feels great again!
I wish you the same. A cozy room to create in. <3

What a nice bike your hubby bought to you.
It will make you happy!

Have the good you can!
Hugs Sussie No. 31