Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Primary Colors for a Kids Card

What fun this was. I have always loved bright primary colors for kids.  And when something comes together it makes is all the more fun.

My grandson loves Monkeys and his Mother loves the sentiment "IT"S A ZOO".  Sometimes I just send a card with a little $ in it to know that it will bring a smile.  (Maybe I can forget the $ this time)
I think the card can make a smile. 
I embossed the colored layers with branches, as I think Monkeys are usually in trees,  most everything came from my stash of this and that, even the papers were from my scraps. So in the mail it goes and think I'll have a banana.

Challenges for my card:
Welcome to Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC116) A Card for a Child
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge   A Quote
The Pixie Cottage PC#68  A Sketch and For the Boys

The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog Challenge #1  Colors: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red
and use of Ribbons, Twine, Buttons.

Thanks for stopping by, may your day be wonderful in every way.

13 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

What a great take on the sketch. A super fun card too. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Pauline said...

What a fab colourful card, perfect for a child! Love that fun monkey image, beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel Challenge this week!

carol said...

fab fun card, great colour, perfect for our challenge at Craftycatz,x carol

Oscar said...

This is such a fun card, I'm sure it will make your grandson smile. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel Challenge this week!

lindyloo said...

oh this is such a fun card love it thank you for joining us at the crafty catz this week hugs linda x

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Sylvia! Love the bright, bold colors and sweet image!

Betty Wright said...

Sylvia, this is terrific! Adorable card and the polka dotted multicolored button accenting is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge!

Glenda said...

Such a cute card; love all the bright colors. I used to send a card to my grandsons with a few dollars tucked inside. When they were small, they loved just to get mail! It was so exciting for them. Now it would take $25 dollars to impress them. Nothing like the teen years.

Zuzana Obert said...

Wow, what a splash of colours and look at that cheeky monkey :0) Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with The Ribbon Reel this week chalenge.

Zuzana x x

Anne said...

This card must make anyone happy! Love the bright colors ;) You have done a great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

Sadilla said...

Great interpretation of the sketch!
thanks for playing at the pixie cottage
hugs
sadia

Curly said...

OMGosh super fun card fab design and layout and lovely quote

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz A Challenge Quote/ Sentiment,.

Good Luck,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card and love those funky buttons.
luv
Debby