Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WOYWW #219

Oh it's time already to post the WOYWW ....the STAMPING GROUND  has all the details on visiting and sharing photos of your Wednesday Workdesk.

I was able to clean up a bit and make a few quick cards for birthdays.

Here lies stencils, delicate old spoons, little jello dishes with wooden letter, glitter angels, bits of flowers, some much needed bifocals, and the envelope creator.
A very cheap wedding dress I purchased from a resale shop, thinking I could use the underlay of crinoline for flowers, the fabric for sachets, pillows and the beautiful trim for many projects with a glitter and glitz trim.
But can I really cut it up?  Hoping so, I seem to have hoarder tendencies....only you will know the answer in a month or so.

My first album and it's details posted here 40th Gift to my sister and husband for their anniversary. A midst the weeks of family time, I was able to finish this for their big event last week.

Have a wonderful week, thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the WOYWW visits.

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My friend Kathy did the same thing. She couldn't cut the dress up, either. Now she has it on a dress form she bought to display it (grin). Good luck with your hoarding. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't be able to cut it up. Good luck with that one. That book you made is AMAZING. I'm sure they will love it. Happy crafting #2

Helen said...

I would - it will make lots of gorgeous things rather than just one... and what would you do with it... lol!! good luck, can't wait to see... Helen 21

Sandy said...

I think you should cut it up and get use out of it just do it, as that is why you brought it. I am sure you will make some amazing things out of it.
Happy WOYWW
Sandy :) #71

VonnyK said...

The book you made is fabulous, I had a look and there is so much love in there, it's just beautiful. I hope you can muster the courage to cut up that dress.
Have a great week.
Von #13

Maisie Moonshine said...

Go for it with the dress, that's yards and yards of fabulous fabric for making gorgeous projects, and if you don't it will only gather dust and take up space, what have you got to lose? Beautiful album project too. Have a happy week MMx #83

Robyn Oliver said...

You've a tidy desk Sylvia and buying a dress to cut up is a super idea...now to just actually cut it ...yes I'd be hesitant too. Cheers RobynO#48....oh go for it!!

voodoo vixen said...

Oh dear, I would have a problem with cutting it up too but can also see how it has so much potential used in other ways!! I guess if you look at it that it was discarded by its owner and unwanted... it might make it easier? LOL Annette #9

ria gall said...

Hi Sylvia
you have some great stuff out on your desk today for us to have a poke around.
I am sure you will manage to cut the dress up because you just know you will get so many different projects out of it
Enjoy WOYWW and have a great week
Hugs Ria #43

Twiglet said...

Go on cut it up - you will have loads of lovely fabric and bits and bobs for crafting with!! Your album is beautiful. x Jo

Eliza said...

Oh I could cut it up for you and have heaps of fun too. Go on cut it up we want to see it done by next week. You could tea dye some of the lace imagine that..... you could also rust some of the lace that would look amazing on cards, yes I have done this before..... LOL

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 14

The Taming of the Glue said...

It'll get easier after you make the first cut...go on, we dare you! Hugs. Pam#33

Julie Lee said...

I think I would find it hard to cut up that dress too; but then I find it hard to cut into Graphic 45 paper and you're meant to cut that up! Good luck with it. I hope you do dare to cut it because I reckon you would make fabulous things if you did! Julie Ann xx 39

Krisha said...

It will be hard to make the first snip, but I say close your eyes and go for it!
Krisha #115

Nan G said...

Fabulous desk this week. Love love the mini album! Oh my look at all the lovely embellies on that hanger! I agree with Krisha...close your eyes and cut! Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #4

trisha too said...

Oh Sylvia, that album looks gorgeous! And you know, sometimes you just have to take those scissors and dive right in . . . no regrets!

Thank you for stopping by this woyww, I appreciate your visit and comment!
:)trisha
#27 this week

Ivana Camdzic said...

Hi Sylvia!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the sweet words! Means so much to me :) I have to say, I am SO glad to have discovered your blog! I love it here! Your work is so beautiful and inspiring and I look forward to stopping by again to see your beautiful creations!!! p.s. That wedding dress IS beautiful, I can see why it would be hard to cut into! :)

Shane Pollard said...

I meant to say as well Sylvia, I would love to play on your work desk today - love those spoons!!!
Could I cut up the wedding dress - I'm not sure.
oooh that's a hard decision for you... the lace and net on the sleeves and bodice looks very tempting though!

Your first book is lovely Sylvia, Marla and Stephen are lucky to have such a beautiful memory of their 40 years together.

Shane x

Nikki said...

May you find the strength to chop it up and create many wonderful things with that dress hugs Nikki 10 thanks for the visit