Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

A SHORT STORY--HAPPY RESULTS

I've been enjoying being creative.  I've a special friend (and old classmate) who is having a birthday. She was so gracious last year to entertain 6 of us in her home for 2 nights and 3 days. Then blessed me with a visit the other day while visiting here with a fun Aunt of hers.

It's a long story but I had just returned from salvaging my dads sweaters from a church donation box and really needed someone to talk to!!!

 I saw this idea about making things from sweaters and I remembered dad had so many nice ones.  My sister had just gathered up his clothes when seeing in our church bulletin a Men's Shelter needed items and thought it the perfect time and place to dispose of them.  When I called her about the sweater idea she had already taken them to a near by rural church for pick up.  My heart just sunk.
 I didn't sleep all night thinking about them and how nice it'd be to create something from dads sweaters. SO early the next day I asked my hubby if he thought I was being crazy about trying to retrieve them.  And he kindly said if you want them go and see if they are there.. so I did.
 A little nervous about it I parked my car and said a little prayer asking if I was really crazy doing this. But as I walked inside there they were sitting right in front all neatly packed in 1 box, just like they wanted to come back home. I breathed a sigh of relieve and  said a thank you  prayer, took the box and hurried away.

Only to get the phone call my friend was in town, could I meet her shortly!!" Wow what a great surprise"  I said and " I'm on my way."  And I told her the story...We all laughed and kidded about how crazy things happen and just tend not to go away from our little minds. So this little creation is being sent to her for making me feel so good, so many times.

 A fall Birthday card for her  and

A happy little shabby pumpkin man.

I'm busily trying to get some more made before Octobers end to share with family. Miss you Dad.


2 comments:

Annie said...

So glad you managed to get what was so special to you of your dads. Just love your little pumpkin man.
Hugs,
Annie x

Geri said...

It was just meant to be Sylvia!!!;) I adore these sweet and heartfelt creations!!! I'm sure your friend will too!