My desk as of last night:
I quick made a "60th" birthday card for my sister-in-law and realized my calendar was still on June.
The work area in back...looks like I need to organize both areas so I have more than a 12x12 space to create on.
My last blog post was Aug 20th our anniversary. I was taken ill at 1 o'clock after our lunch with friends. Ambulanced to the ER and have been dealing with Vertigo...2 days of bed rest, 2 days walking with a walker and did not drive or go down steps until Sept 12th. Have had many days of not focusing right and head pain. Another doctor appt, has led me to a Hearing Test, in the the morning an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. Personally I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck affecting my facial area, eyes, ears and sense of balance. Will see and praying for an answer.
My mother was taken to the hospital with a compression fracture in her back and today we were notified my mother need to be taken to a nursing home for skilled care. Hopefully she can heal and go back to her assisted living area and enjoy life. Just a sad day for us, so hard to leave her.
Hopefully I can be a regular again....visiting a few of you now and then but limited as of the effects I deal with from this. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are enjoying signs of our new season Fall.
16 comments:
Oh Sylvia I'm so very sorry to hear you've been so unwell. You have been missed and it's good to have you back. Also I really hope your mum heals well so that her twighlight years are spent happily where she feels at home.
Hugs,
Annie x. #12
I am praying for a diagnosis for you and a speedy recovery for you and your Mom. Love the desks this morning. Take care my friend!
Nice card.Would love to rummage through some of these interesting goodies on your table.
Judy #63
What a lovely card for your sister in law, but does having the calender on the wrong month mean you've missed her birthday? Well you have a good excuse. It's all happening with you. Dear oh dear. I do hope you get a diagnosis soon. It could well be to do with your ears. (No, not between your ears) My BFF had a problem similar to you and it turned out to be her ear. It took months to get rid of, eventually. And she gets a bit wobbly when she has a cold now 3 years after the event.
I had a giggle over the bowl you have on your desk. It looks like an old fashioned chamber pot! Lol!
Anyway, lovely to meet you and thank you that in spite of all that's going on, you still find time to blog.
Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
Lisca#45
wishing a full and complete recovery for you soon Syliva! I love your desk - I'm also trying to find a way to get more room on my desk too!
Have been reading back over the past weeks - goodness, Sylvia, what a summer you have had one way and the other! I do trust you will soon be back to full health, that hubby's farming equipment all got sorted, and that you have been able to preserve all your crops as you needed to.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #18
So sorry to hear of your ill health and your mother's compressed fracture (I've had a few due to osteoporosis and know how difficult life can be). Lots of interest in your workspace. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great day and have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #69 x
So sorry to hear of all your troubles. Vertigo is awful, my friend had it and it really got her down. Hoping that you and your Mum will be well again soon. Great card too!
Have a happy week
Lynda B 24
Oh my what a torrid time you've had, hope you recover soon and your Mum too. Love the card. Helen 4
Oh Sylvia, so sorry to hear of your woes....vertigo is horrible, it makes you feel so incapacitated. I sincerely hope that the effects wear off soon for you. And your poor mum too, at least she'll be getting good care while she's getting better.
You take care and don't do too much too soon...
Hugs, LLJ 34 xx
Oh you poor thing, Sylvia, you're certainly having a rough time at the mo. I hope that Mum settles and starts to improve soon, and that you manage to rest and recuperate, and your health problems quickly fade. Hope you have a good week, hugs, Chris # 14
Nice 60th card and a lovely organised desk.
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 36
sorry to hear of your ills and mums too Sylvia not fun at all pray for good results al around .. and love the card thanks for popping over! I have just emailed you the digi , Shaz in Oz.x #27
Hi Sylvia,
Isn't it nice to be back. I've been writing some posts but hadn't had much of my desk to show so had been avoiding Wednesdays.
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope it all gets sorted out before too much longer. Also, I hope your mom's health improves so she'll be able to go back to familiar surroundings. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Happy belated WOYWW (thanks for visiting me already)!
Peace,
Kay (31)
What a compact space you work in, it would drive me crazy.
Hope all your health problems have subsided and your mums as well. all the best
Bridget #1
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, I am a bit late coming back but life has taken over my WOYWW time. I see you are struggling with little space too. But what can you do?? I just don't know how to fix that problem! :-)
Hugs,
Cardarian
Post a Comment