Thanks to all of you who left comments 2 wks ago. I appreciate them so much.
I apologize for not visiting many from my last post of WOYWW 2 weeks ago....just had a lot of real LIFE things to take care of. Was in and out so much of the time. Some good and some not so good. But the good this week is I hope to have sometime. The weather will take care of that. -30 tonight with windchill and not to improve much by the AM. Prayers to the people in Boston with snow every few days, 7 ft or more. Our snow blew away with high winds. Oh soon to be spring, SPRING, Spring !!!
I've a few photos today: mainly because a few requested to see my lace: I've cleaned out containers, drawers and shelves and either rolled it onto clothespins, index cards, or put it into small shelving for display. You can click on photos to see them clearer. And organizing it all gave me more empty drawers for storage of things I hope to sort by seasonal use.
The bird cage was another cleaning adventure...the fabric storage, need I say more? Small odd little lovely pieces I will use for my fabric books. This is the right wall just entering my creative space.
The back side of this table...
A few things of lace by my sewing machine that need to find a place in this maze.
The walkway and yet the right side following the sewing machine. Laces in divided old pop crates on top of his mother's old buffet. Wood here all needs to be painted.
The left of my sewing machine and the top of my storage of paper ....in the far background you can see the end of this room and my NORMAL crafting tables, punches etc.
A salvaged old bookcase, holds jars of buttons, white simalac boxes hold shades of ribbon scraps more old jars with colored laces. Beyond this is the area for paper creating etc. What you normally see.
Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your comments. Have a wonderful week, stay warm, safe travels and enjoy some time for "You".
21 comments:
Wow - Sylvia - you REALLY like lace, don't you?! What an amazing treasure trove in that room. The wedding dress is just glorious - not sure I would have had the courage to cut into it though... too cowardly by far!
Old Similac boxes? Not a word we Brits know - and yet - somewhere in the depths of history.... is it baby milk? I'm sure that, after I couldn't feed my elder daughter, she was on a milk with a name like that... fabulous stuff - never ill or sick once in the 6 months she was on it.
Thanks for already visiting, and for your comments.
Take care in the cold. -30 degrees plus wind chill is rather beyond what we know here on the coastline of Wales.
God bless.
Margaret #4
I get the need for the wedding dress loveliness, and I LOVE that you leave it hung up to enjoy rather than ripping it into lengths and storing it as fabric! You take care in the bitter cold, my goodness Spring is a yearning right now!
Can I come and visit when the weather is warmer, your place is so enchanting and little bits here and there, gosh Judy would love to come too I am sure you would both get along so well. Please, please can I play. What a good idea with the dress it is so pretty. Yoda doesn't play with paper or toys, he eats, cuddles and demands more cuddles and sleeps in my arms or his beds. Thanks for sharing your space. Stay warm and thanks for visiting already.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda #2
Your workspace is amazing and I hope you stay as cozy as it looks in your pics.
sandra de 23
Your work space looks like a toy shop, really made for play! Have fun with your stuff, love the way you have recycled unused pieces like birdcage and dolls bed for storage :)
Kristiina #10
Oh my Sylvia so many projects and such pretty pretty storage!! Wonderful things to see, hope real life gives you a break this week, it's been the same for me lately!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #36
Wow that was quite a tour! So many laces and buttons and bobbles! Happy crafting for sure :) Shel-PaperOctilloStudio #42
LOL! Lots of Lace!!!
robyn 17
My gosh! I never knew your room was so extensive (and so filled with lace). It looks more like a vintage store one could spend hours poking through than a crafting area. What a fabulous inspiring place to play. Judy # 57
Oh wow, how many beautiful supplies you have! What a joy to work with those yummy laces. Nice to see the place where you create. Thank you so much for your sweet comment :) And oh my, how cold, minus 15! Take care, stay warm. Sending you sun rays and hugs.
Thanks for the great tour round your room, it looks wonderful! Well done for cutting into the dress... Helen 6
wow .... looks a bit like a museum tour with all the lace and bits and bobs...... very interesting
janet #12
Thank you Sylvia for the tour of your creative space. All that lace! It feels like one of those antique shops that you can browse around in for hours looking at all the lovely little things.
Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words,
Have a great week,
God bless,
Lisca#24
PS I just deleted something I wrote because I had made a mistake (called you by the wrong name)
Look at you with your laces all sorted. They look great!
I can't say I've ever seen fabric stored in a birdcage before, lol.
Happy Woyww,
Sandy #46
Oh my lordy Sylvia.I am oggling your gorgeous laces!What a great crafting space you have.I didn't realise you have a space like this.I'd love to get my hands on that wedding dress. Bet that first snip into it was hard.hehe
Thanks for lovely comment on my blog.
Judy xx
Your work space looks like a treasure-trove of crafty goodness! I'm inspired just looking at your photos! Stay warm in this nasty cold weather.
We've finally got the cold here, Sylvia, and a little snow to go with it! Kids have been spending time at home this week! You guys stay warm!!!
Wow, what a collection of goodies. I went crazy at the sight of the open weave doilies and lace as I use that with my gooping on the canvasses but it's really hard to find. Have fun with it all and stay warm, I can't even imagine how cold that must feel.
Von #5
Oh wow wow wow. I would really love to come to paly in your lacy work area. All that yumminess to delve into and I would be in heaven :-)
Thanks for calling by at mine and for your lovely comments.
Hugs,
Annie x # 22
Wel Sylvia I have to say you certainly have a wonderful supply of all sorts of laces as well as ribbons and trims and so well organized.
Oh that wedding dress on tap amazes me too!
Thank you for sharing this great open space and thank you for your sweet visits and comments on my blog - always,
Suzy x
Post a Comment