I haven't been at my desk or anywhere close to it. I've been working on garage projects off and on. We spent a week at a rental home in near by Clear Lake, enjoying all the fun events that little town offers through the summer.
Regrets,,,no before photo but it was similar to this table..the 2 bottom steps fold in and out and I use it to reach things in my kitchen cupboards
Love this old gateleg table. Have had it for years. Usually had it covered and decided time to sand it down and refurbish it. Trying to decide HOW...
This was from my hubby's family. Can replace the top with ceramic inlay and again decide to paint,or stain, but the sanding is done.
This has been in the garage for a long time. It was faded yellow where the blue is and in rough shape white. Hubby spray painted it and I am happy how it turned out. Will be handy when my young granddaughter visits to sit beside the table.
Weather turned HUMID, so won't be painting for awhile, but want these inside by fall.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week. Hoping to post a few vacation fun photos later this week. I spent 2 more days redoing my computer as several sites attached their mess to my system so had a clean up to do. But I think it's back in order.
11 comments:
I love it when things are repurposed or given a new lease of life! Those bits and pieces came up really well :-)
Bad luck about the computer...sigh...it's so easy for nasties to get in the system isn't it? Hope all is well now,
Hugs, LLJ 16 xxx
Oh that is great! I love what you are doing! Can't wait to see what you do with that table.... have you tried chalk paint on old furniture? (Annie Sloan type stuff)
Keep us in the loop. I love this kinda thing.
Have a great week,
Lisca#24
Hello, Sylvia! I'm so happy to be visiting you and having (making) a little time for creating and blogging again! Looks like you're having a productive summer! That little step-stool turned out CUTE, and I'm sure very useful! We're awfully humid, too!!! Sure wish we could have summer without humidity…am I asking too much??? I think we might be getting a break from it tomorrow…how about you??? Love seeing what you're up to!
I love how you are giving those old things a new leash of life....do you think you could do the same with me? hehehehe Do show us the finished items.
Hugs,
Annie x # 22
Hi Sylvia, what amazing projects! I do so love 'old fashioned' wooden furniture- meaning it doesn't fall apart after 2 weeks of use! It may get you down, but over here I think we'd give anything for humid- it implies that the weather is also warm, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xx
You are great to persist with the computer, I know its necessary but oh!! I love your makeovers, how satisfying...that blue and whit chair is just lovely, and the step stool looks gorgeous, love the colours you chose.
You've been very busy new life to your wooden furniture. Hope we see it all finished. Have a great week. Barb#33 x
You certainly have been busy! So fun to see your projects. Thanks for sharing the pics.
I really love projects like these. It's amazing what a bit of hard work and a splash of new paint can do. x Jo
What lovely old pieces and will make such amazing additions to your home! Well done!
Great way of repurposing old pieces and giving them a whole new life. Have a lovely break.
sandra de @37
Post a Comment