Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

WOYWW #343

Here it is Wednesday, the day so many of us share our desks.  Julia at STAMPING GROUND is our host and has info if needed.

I've no idea what my desk looks like....terrible cold weather, 8 to 10 inches of snow, drifted from Northeast winds and I'm staying where it's warmest. I just know if I go downstairs I will start bringing up rubbermaids and start packing away some Christmas things. I've food in the slow cooker for when my DH heads home. He spent 2 hrs moving our snow, a long lane, large drive area and feeding area for the cattle. Then to town to clean out residents driveways. 
So Today I am resting...my thumb is much better and why aggravate it?   I moved our dining room table by the glass doors and I am working on the hardest Puzzle ever...tiny pieces and bad eyes. And listening to Christmas music.....
Had 2 days of a Wonderful Christmas my Mom, brother, 2 sisters and their spouses were all here the 24th and my son, his wife and 3 children spent 25th and 26th with us. Was hoping to have the 3 grands back here Tues thru Thurs, but the road situation was too bad for travel so they have their other grandma watching them. Say a few prayers for some good results for my DIL..she is at Rochester's  Mayo Clinic being tested for seizures.  Has had several the past few months and Iowa City can find no cause. 

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and wishing you and yours a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.    I'll be watching the ROSE BOWL...the IOWA HAWKEYES are playing Stanford.  

17 comments:

Helen said...

Hope your DIL gets some answers and good news. Good luck with your jigsaw. happy new year.Helen 5

Glenda said...

The puzzel reminds me I have one to do as well. I'm hoping your DIL gets some answers. Sending prayers for her. Happy New Year!
And your tag was lovely! I will be copying that one for sure!

Twiglet said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. We have gales here and rain today - no snow thankfully. Wishing you all the best for the new year. Hope the tests go well for your DIL too.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Sylvia, do hope all goes well for your DIL. Looks like some long fun hours with that jigsaw...have fun. HNY Cheers RobynO#27

Annie said...

I'm rather late doing my visits today but am feeling rather poorly. I just want to wish all my blogging friends a wonderful New Year and lets hope it's a happy healthy one full of crafty fun for us all.
Hugs,
Annie x #25

Inside the artists shed said...

Just been out in the wind and rain over here but at least I can get out and about. Glad you had a good Christmas with your family. Prayers for your DIL. Have a good New Year wathching the Rose Bowl - I will be at our Royal British Legion with friends watching them all drink too much. Jackie x 13

Cranberry Morning said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas. Have a wonderful new year.

Anne said...

It's wild, wet and windy here :-( we are lucky though - no flooding where I live - feel so sorry for those who have experienced it, Happy New Year Anne x #17

buterfliecrafter said...

o my you must be so patient to even start such a puzzle. Wishing you a happy and creative 2016. Vicky #11

Sharon said...

I hope your DIL has good news.
I'm glad it's you with the snow and not us. We had an ice storm the other night. DS lost his power and all the food in his fridge/freezer.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Sylvia! Prayers and hopefully some answers and good news for your DIL!

Julia Dunnit said...

It's just great that your husband has been clearing other drives and roads too, how generous and kind. I am just about ready to take the decks down too, and then there will be dusting....sigh. Enjoy that puzzle - one of my favourite winter past times...with spectacles! Happy new year. X

Nikki said...

That is a lot of snow shoveling and have fun with the puzzle happy new year hugs Nikki 1

CraftygasheadZo said...

That's a lot of snow! Can't beat a fun jigsaw!! Happy New Year to you and yours. Take care Zo xx 30

glitterandglue said...

Now that's what I call a jigsaw, Sylvia. Just my thing! I had a great Christmas puzzle out, then the grandies all arrived.... and I never out in another piece - they finished it for me! Just have to find another one, won't I??
You have so much snow - and here it just keeps raining - more folk flooded out each time we look at the news. It's very hard for them.
Take care in 2016. God bless.
Margaret #6

okienurse said...

Sounds like you have had an awesome holiday! I am not much of a jigsaw puzzle person...my eye hands just don't connect. Happy New Year! Vickie #46

Cheryl W. said...

Happy New Year, Sylvia! Hope that 2016 is an outstanding year for you