Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

#352 WOYWW

Welcome, so glad you stopped by. I want to Thank all of you who left such supporting well wishes on my last blog.  It was a hard week, but with enlightenment. Friends gathered, friends supported and  on a very rare occasion got to meet the Bishop of our Diocese. He attended the funeral of our friend.

We left immediately after lunch to visit our grandchildren in Cedar Rapids.A good 3 days away.  My son coaches his 10 year old daughters basketball team. 5 games of tournament play. Southern Iowa had 70 degree temps and I was able to wear sandals and capris. Lunch at a Czech bakery and fun purchase shown in my desk photos. A shop who only sells resale craft items, weird mixed media, and you just make an offer. I AM going back without my DH. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Click the photo to enlarge
 To the left a few of the purchases at the resale shop...an awesome adventure. But my time was limited.
Magnetic paper doll witch, aged paper doilies, little fairy Christmas paper dolls, Operation Iraqi freedom playing cards, tiny bunnies, a few rubber stamps...And a whole lot of scrap fabric for other projects on another desk.
To the right remains of cards not yet put away.
This mess is a drawer I unloaded looking for the makings of the card below. I have to find a better way to locate purchased embellishments.

Thank Julia at the STAMPING GROUND who hosts WOYWW,  partaking keeps me sane. You can visit and enjoy the fun just by visiting her blog.  I apologize for not visiting last week,  I'll do a double take this week.

I must have forgot to photo the unusual backside of this sympathy tag. I used a Vintage Angel with a lovely verse and embossed the backside of the envelope.

Have a lovely week.  Thanks for your visit.  Spring is almost here, birds, and geese are abound and by Friday temps will be in the 60's.  I am so excited.


15 comments:

Caz said...

I wish we could have 70 degrees - we've just had a snow shower!! It's *very* chilly out there!
Love to see all the interesting bits and pieces on your desk - when you find a better way to store your embellishments, can you let me know - I have a pile like yours too!!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
xx #37

Caz said...

sorry, I'm 38 now...I was 37 before but Mr Linky decided to move me down and pop you in - we must have been trying to use him at the same time LOL!

Annie said...

It sounds like you have better weather with you than us here....The skies opened on my walk home from taking the twins to school this morning and there was lots of snow in the rain too.....brrrrrr
Hugs,
Annie x # 7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, that shop sounds VERY dangerous!! Definitely one to visit without your hubby, lol :-D. It's so hard to resist a bargain though I'm the worlds worst for that!
70 degrees sounds lovely, it's been snow, hail, thunder and lightning here today! Great springtime weather - NOT!
Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

We have snow here today, very chilly! Sounds like you have found a great place to shop for your craft goodies. To be honest, I could open one of those by myself, lol! Love your sympathy tag, it is beautiful, Judith xx #32

Glenda said...

We have had several days of Spring like weather but now we are back to winter. Love your desk...looks like you have a lot going on. I'm actually cleaning house this morning. Glenda #27

Barb said...

Hello Sylvia, your sympathy tag is beautiful.
How lucky you are to be enjoying lovely warm weather it's very cold over here.

That sounds like a fun shop to visit. We all enjoy a bargain. I've got several boxes of embellishments which started off sorted and are now all mixed up. Sorry I can't help with that one.
Have a lovely week and enjoy the weather. Barbxx #16

ToadilyDiane said...

I hope this week is much better then last week. What wonderful finds!
Diane WOYWW #31

Sharon said...

Lovely sympathy tag! I like your Witch paper doll.

Sharon K #42

Cheryl W. said...

My DH and I made a special trip to Cedar Rapids about 18 years ago, just to visit the Czech Village there (I'm part Czech). We got some goodies (kolaches) at a bakery there. Would love to go again and visit the craft resale shop you mentioned. :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Spring is just a good thing isn't it! What a great idea the re-use shop is, crikey, I'd never leave. I totally understand why you need to revisit on your own!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I had a good chuckle that you need to revisit the recycled craft shop without your hubby--oh yea! Looks like you found some great things there to go with the great things you had in that drawer. Lovely card and thanks for the visit earlier. PJ #47

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lol! The hubby is NOT invited when I'm visiting craft stores, antique malls or gifty type boutiques. As-a-matter-of fact, he doesn't go shopping with me PERIOD! He'd be bored out his mind anyway. You did find some treasures I must say and your sympathy card is beautiful!

okienurse said...

Great looking desk and I love all the finds from the craft store. The magnetic witch sounds very interesting. You have definitely had a period of sadness and deserve some cheering up. We lost several family and friends recently that we considered too young to be passing...it is hard. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Vickie #58

Kim Collister Studio said...

In heaven at your desk! So many creative treasures! It's always nice to step away and enjoy 60 degree weather outside!
Happy Creating!