What a week last week was...was gone everyday but this week I've no intentions of leaving. Our weather changed last Friday with 50 mph winds and a 20 degree drop in temp. We lost a few BIG branches and our TV antenna. Monday/Tuesday here it has been windy and bitter cold, but I am thankful as no ice or snow, it is all staying north of us.
I have had some time to be creative, even have the start of something on my desk this week. Click to enlarge it if you want the "Big Picture" !! Some have asked where I got the wooden holders for my inks. Resale shops..I don't spend much on new things, most were cassette tape holders and are now hard to find. My hope is to paint them antique white, but anything with all those shelves is work. So I know it won't be this winter.
Angels, lace, sparkle, antique tin tarts, and more embellishments to make a few ornaments.
I've mailed my ATC's for the swap "A Vintage White Christmas" I'll have a post by Thursday on these.
And I made a card for a friends 50th Birthday
Has been a fun week being creative. Plus I've boxed up all my autumn decor and no doubt tomorrow I'll be putting up Christmas. I do most every room so it takes me a week or so. Here in the states Thursday is THANKSGIVING. We will spend time with my Mother, have dinner with her at her Assisted Living. I enjoyed 2 days last week with my son and his family in Cedar Rapids and they wanted to finish up the new family room and bath in their new home. The kids don't have activities and with 4 days they can catch up on rest also ! Weather is iffy, ice/snow and I don't like them travelling 3 hrs, with kids and the dog.
My next projects are 2 Sympathy cards for our neighbor gal and her parents. Her brother died at the age of 27, I worked with him a few years back and I am in awe of his death. They are not back in the area as yet so I don't know many details.
Thanks for all who commented/visited last week. May you have a fun WOYWW today and to all who celebrate HAPPY THANKSGIVING and enjoy BLACK FRIDAY if you are a shopper. I will be comfy and safe in my warm home and shop online!!! I don't like the mad crowds, long lines and erratic drivers.
13 comments:
you are busy! the atcs for your swap look fabulous.. Happy Thanksgiving. Helen #1
You've been busy! I'm always amazed at how much you are able to get done in a day. Have a warm and cozy Thanksgiving. We have snow and ice in my part of Minnesota. Hope the roads aren't too bad - we'll be traveling 200 miles tomorrow.
I love those Vintage Christmas ATC's. Can't wait to see those little tins made into something!Cute idea!
FAB desk and projects.
We've had some terrifically stormy weather here too - blooming "Angus"
Happy WOYWW
Kathyk
No.11
Am loving those vintage atcs! Hope you have a good swap with them :-). I don't blame you for not wanting to go out, we've had three days of terrible storms and rain, I've got cabin fever now!
Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow.
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxxx
Stunning ATC's and I do hope the weather clears up. So sad to hear of a young person passing away.
sandra de @25
Hi Sylvia, love the angels.Great card too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx
You have had a busy week, love that 50 card.
Take care
Christine #26
Lovely crafty makes. Have a good Thanksgiving.
Sharon K #37
Oh Sylvia your Little White Christmas tags are beautiful and so very special!
Happy WOYWW
MiSchra #6
What a terrible loss for your neighbors, so sad, especially this time of year. I always keep an eye out for those cassette holders too, but haven't found any yet. I know I had some back in the day, but they are gone forever now. Lovely simple birthday card, very happy and bright! Happy Thanksgiving, sounds like it will be a busy one! Lindart #41
Brilliant ATCs and loving your busy desk, I can just imagine you now diving in there as soon as you'd finished this post. Have a great woyww and happy crafting,
Angela x 18
Hello Sylvia, I'm a bit late in visiting but grabbing the chance while I can. Your weather sounds fearsome. It's cold here in Ayrshire - below zero - but just not as cold as it is where you are. Your vintage ATCs are beautiful. Such a dreadful loss for your neighbours - 27 is much to young! Have a good weekend. Elizabeth x #35
Post a Comment