Welcome, the time just flies by, just seems like I did this yesterday. Our hostess, Julia at the
STAMPING GROUND invites us to share our work spaces on Wednesday's. You can get the info to partake or visit by visiting her blog.
My desk this week:
Shows I was sorting buttons. The gold foil from my Valentine candy worked well for this project.
I cleaned up the desk from making some birthday cards, (will post later this week as the birthdays are not yet passed) and wanted to get these buttons put away in the jars I have by colors. Guess I also have different coloring items (enlarge by clicking the photo:) for some coloring books/cards/etc.
The little black box is holding a big assortment of Tim Holtz paper dolls, couldn't resist the last package on the rack.
We are having a calm day compared to most of this week, several close by tornadoes hit our state.
We had 60 mph winds, rain and hail. Our farm was centered in the middle and we missed the worst of this. Many people in our little town had broken windows and damaged house siding and eaves. Damaged cars. Temps were 72, which is totally a record this time of year here. No one was hurt so guess that is the best part.
Photo is showing hail compared to size of an orange. At my sister in laws south of here.
In town


17 comments:
Wow you have been seeing the effects of the weather. Really hope you manage to stay safe through it all.
Hugs,
Annie x #13
Wow, I can't believe the size of those hailstones. Glad you came through unscathed and that no one was hurt. Happy WOYWW Sarah #29
Those hailstones are huge! So happy most of it missed you! Love this angle of your work space! Always happy to visit!
we just had 120mph winds and I said to Mr G thank goodness we don't get tornadoes! I didn't realise our winds this time were worse that a 60mph tornado - all the menfolk are busy clearing the trees from the road, some guys still don't have power ( since Sunday night) and the landscape has changed completely...we only got communications back this morning...I imagine you calmly sorting buttons in the eye of your tornado, and hope next time we have a tempete I can be as relaxed Dx #32
I have never seen hailstones like that - II love your heart shaped button sorter - brilliant idea! x Jo
Glad you escaped the worst of the damage. High winds here today. Saying nice and warm inside. Wow! Huge hailstones. Your desk looks happily organised but productive.
Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #36
Okay, you had me at Tim Holtz paper dolls...what! That sounds adorable. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #40
72 and hail? Wow. Huge hail stones! We still have dents in our car hood from a hail storm a few years ago. You guys have been getting really wild weather lately. Dare I say Climate Change? Some would prefer I not. Love all your sorting - the candy box sure fit the bill! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #43
Love colour sorting, my favourite. Really hail stones THAT big, I'm amazed you got away with no damage. BJ#23
I like things sorted by color! So glad to hear you did not have any damage - that's some big hail!!!
WOYWW#44 Melissa Gross
Goodness, those hailstones are enormous, I'm so glad that no-one got hit by them. I do love your crafting desk, would like to come visit and have a snoop!!
Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx
Those hailstones are massive bet they hurt if they hit you. Love your rack for the punches. #2
So glad you didn't suffer any damage to person or property during the recent bad weather. We had terrible winds here, too, but we got through it fine. I keep my buttons in jars, sorted by color, too. They look so pretty - like a row of home-canned foods. :)
Eggs and oranges, paper dolls and buttons - my you are a busy bee.
Glad you were safe with that bad weather - there are some benefits from living in the UK I guess.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx
Oh my, how incredible are those hailstones! You can imagine it would be very painful, and possibly dangerous, to be hit by them! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz Xx #11
the orange is used to compare the size of the hailstones. there are no eggs involved except resemblance. Was taken at my sister in laws yard.
Blimey charlie! That's some serious weather you have there. You have a decent amount of dedication with your buttons. I have so many buttons, sorting out into jars didn't work so I tipped them all into a large empty handbag. It has become the random button bag for projects. I like to decide the project after pulling one of the buttons out. I'm a nutter. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Oh, and stay safe! EmbroidRage #5 x
Post a Comment