Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

WOYWW # 415


Welcome, it's again already  Wednesday, the day we share our desks. Ms. Julia at the STAMPING GROUND is our hostess and has lots of fun things going on this month of MAY,  So hop on over

This week I was busy making cards.  This is one I gave to my mom for Mother's Day here on Sunday.
 This was my desk last night. Makings for a few more birthday cards. Isn't this gift bag a beauty? I love watercolor designs and found it on a sale rack. More for my MOJO than a gift.
I just ordered these flower dies and I really love them. Quick service too.

I scheduled this, but we had a severe storm, over 2 inches of rain, hail (no doubt damages to our fields) (too early for DH to see in the darkness), lots of thunder, lightening. But after electricity came back and our satellite tv, we are very grateful, East of us many trees down and thousands without electricity.  More scheduled for today, plus tornado possibility .  We have ponds, which later I might be able to take photos.

Thanks for visiting, wishing you Calm weather and Sunshine.

16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Some beautiful things on your desk - I totally get what you mean about having lovely bags like that! I keep them too so I can repurpose them. I hope you haven't had too much damage to the fields and property..the storm sounds terrible.
Hugs, LLJ 6 xxx

Jan said...

What a great WOYWW TFS xx Jan

Suzanne A. said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the embossing, something which I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet. I'm thinking you must be in the Midwest? We're in Wisconsin and got some rain too. I hope your fields are okay! Have a good week!

Suzanne #38

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, wow your weather sounds very intense! Hope not too much damage done, and good you have your power back. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Helen said...

gorgeous card! glad the power came back.. Helen #1

Bubbles said...

Oh, dear! Hope you have more calm weather now!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #22
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

Glenda said...

Hope you guys are keeping safe with the bad weather all around! Your desk looks very busy; nothing like making birthday cards. I'm always behind on those!

Julia Dunnit said...

Suspect that you might be easing this from your basement, as your FB post suggested the storm was worsening. Do hope the crop damage is minimal, above all though, stay safe. I love the bag too, that's very pretty, and just like that, your mojo can be kick started, isn't it clever. Bet your Mum loved the card, it's gorgeous.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We've had loads of rain today but nothing like what you've been having. Hope everything is okay for you. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Plush Possum Studio said...

Take good care where you are! Such tricky weather. I like the embossed turquoise or teal basis for that card. I could imagine it being used in a variety of ways. But overall, that is such a nice card for any mother's special day.
Rose of Rose's Art Garden

Cheryl W. said...

Beautiful card for your mom! Your weather sounds pretty scary. We've had some storms here, too, lately, but nothing like what you've experienced. Stay safe!

Lindart said...

Your desk certainly looks busy today! Lots of fun things on it! We also got a lot of rain, thankfully no tornados! Expecting thunderstorms tonight as well, but we've had a couple of lovely days, so I guess we are due! I'm sure your Mom loved your lovely card! I forgot to take a photo of the one I gave my Mom! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the weather is a bit calmer. My Mum celebrated her second Mothers Day of the year, as she was at home in the UK for the one here and is currently in Canada at my brother's. Sarah #17

buterfliecrafter said...

I hope you didn't have to much damage due to the storm. That bag is indeed an inspiration source. have a nice weekend, vicky #5

Andrea said...

I hope the weather improves and doesnt do any more damage ,I cant imagine how scary it must feel.... take good care of yourself. what an inspirational desk the floral dies are stunning and what a beautiful card and I am loving the gift bag too ... anything botanical is right up my street and your desk is a delight..happy belated woyww andrea#42

okienurse said...

awesome looking desk Sylvia! Love those dies...where did you get them? I am sitting here listening to the thunder and watching the weather reports on the computer. It has been an wet noisy couple of days here in OK. I read we had over 15 tornados in the state yesterday. Husband and I were going to chase but decided that there would probably be too many people out considering how close to home it is. We may go out in June and go up north away from the hoards.
I was so happy that I remembered in time to participate in WOYWW this week. I think the meds and illness has really impacted my memory! Vickie #43