Welcome, it's early, early morning here, couldn't sleep, somehow "heat" overtook a good nights rest.
After a few emails I noticed "Wow" it's Wednesday already. And that means another What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted by Julia at the Stamping Ground.
Our wonderful weekend, celebrating Mother's 90th Birthday. One of her most favorite things is spending time with her grandkids. All but the one on the left live all over the USA. One is missing, my military son is in the process of moving to the Boston area. I'll do another post on great grands, siblings etc in a few days. Really....not...we have a wedding, a neighboring church gathering, a tractor show, and about 3 other events to make decisions on. So next week, I'm still behind on the cows venturing around the farm during the night.
I did make a wedding card yesterday, but again the photos are somewhere hidden...oh the frustration of this automatic labeling One Drive is doing...I really need a day to watch You tube. on it.
Some little oddities for making a little journal
Some really old books and a well used catalog from the Charles William Stores New York City. I have yet to find a date on it. But it has to be old, Plaid dresses are $1.49 !!! This came from a little shop we stopped by after taking the grand kids home from their summer visit, before moms birthday. Another busy time ! The fair, swimming, loving and laughing a lot.
Enjoy a lovely week, and can you believe we are asking for "Rain"??? Thanks to all who left comments last week. I truly enjoy your visits.



21 comments:
Great photos, and I love those old books!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 1
I have enjoyed the photos of your Mom's birthday! Lovely pictures of your desk but I do love your space! We are dry here too. This whole year has been crazy...we went from dry to wet to dry again. I'm in process of cleaning off the garden spot; just didn't produce much!
Hi Sylvia, congrats to your Mom. Those old books look amazing, what a find. Have a lovely week,Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX
You can have some of our rain - looks as if summer is over for us. Not funny though when you need the rain is it.
Congratulations to your mom on reaching 90, she looks lovely in the photo and it must have been wonderful for her to see so many of her family.
Have a good week
Hugs, Neet 6 xx
Hi Sylvia, it's great to see your mum so well and enjoying her birthday. We celebrated my mum's 90th and dad's 91st in June, it gives you hope for the future. Thanks for the visit and happy woyww, Angela x12x
What a lovely photo of your mum surrounded by her family....happy belated birthday from me. We’ve been so happy to see some rain too so know how you feel.
Hugs,
Annie x #11
Happy Birthday to your mom! What a blessing to have so much family visiting! Hope you get some cooler temps. We're in our Monsoon season so temps have come down some and getting a bit of rain, which we really need. Fascinating old books and catalog! Thanks for popping by! Have a great week!
Carol N #21
Happy WOYWW. You are having a very busy and social summer. Yes, ginger is my saviour. I literally carry ginger biscuits with me everywhere. When I am really ill sometimes it is all I can eat. Ali x #16
Hi Sylvia, How lovely for your mum to have her family around to celebrate her very special birthday. Hope your son get's settled in Boston soon.
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Happy WOYWW
Sue #13
A very happy belated birthday to your mum, Sylvia. What an absolutely gorgeous family photo - everyone looks so happy! How lovely it must have been, having so many family members able to come and celebrate. I love the things on your desk this week, especially the vintage things in the final photo. So nice to be able to preserve these vintage ephemera in a beautiful artwork. Thank you for your lovely comment - I am sorry you are suffering with the heat - I am the same, and am very glad that it's a lot cooler here now and we've had some rain. I am so glad you like my scarf. Felting is tremendous fun - I can't believe how mouldable the material is, or how painterly - you can do such subtle shading with just a few fibres! It's amazing. I wish you could taste the bread - it really was delicious! We finished it at lunch time so I must make some more this weekend.
Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #14
those books look amazing. Glad your mum's birthday was so well attended and celebrated! Helen #4
Happy busy desk! I know someone who'd love to have that 1920's dress pattern.
Happy WOYWW !
Rose #28
Very cool journal stuff. And happy birthday to grandma! Woo hoo! Such a great milestone. Have a great week. Dorlene #26
Hi Sylvia, that celebration with your mum looks great, I think families are so important.
I just love books and old ones are so special.
Bless you for visiting my desk and the nice comments.
Chris 2
You are certainly a busy gal. Looks like your mom's birthday party was a lot of fun. We are actually hoping for rain, too. It's been so hot and dry in the Minneapolis area.
What a lovely family photo - it looks like your mum had a very happy day indeed. I love the old books and catalogue you picked up, they are going to be fabulous to work with - those vintage sketches are gorgeous - what style in those days.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #15
How lovely to see your mum with her family - honestly, isn't that the best thing in life? To have your loved ones and all the memories. I'm so pleased to see that you're having such a wonderful busy time! Enjoy every moment xx
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx
Happy 90th birthday to your Mum! Those books look intriguing, I want to grab them and make some journals! Have a great week, and thanks for your visit! Lindart #24
Yes, I believe the asking for rain thing... we did too last week but finally, FINALLY, it rained and the temperatures dropped... pfew! I hope you had some showers over the last days too. Happy birthday to your mum and what a nice family you look! Those books you found look amazing, I would love to flip through those. Happy creating! Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier this week, happy belated woyww, have a great day! Hug from Holland, Marit #20
Hi Sylvia, happy belated birthday to your mum. The temperatures have dropped here too. Thanks to booking a camping trip we also have had rain lol. Next year I'll know what to do! Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #19
Sorry I’m late! Oh what a marvellous big birthday for your mUm, and how wonderful a weekend you must have had. The last couple of weeks have been full of love and family for you and I cant tell you how lovely it is to read about. Love that collection of old books, 1.49 for a dress, my word that was a while ago then!
Post a Comment