Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WOYWW #490

Good Morning fellow deskers.  It's still dark here at 7:45 AM...daylight savings time change is Nov 4th  so that will help.  Our hostess Julia at the STAMPING GROUND will welcome you to play along or just click away at the bottom line up and enjoy visits around the world.

Quick shots of my desk

This is behind my desk where die and embossing happens with my big shot. Paper cutting and and it's a mess. Drop and Go all week
 My desk has been busy at different times during the day/night.  I am to be guest designer in November and trying out new ideas.

Here is the reason for Drop and Go and Day and Night.  It's DONE.  He finished up the fields. No more meeting here and there for meals, rides to machinery to move to other fields. He has 6 different areas for fields.  When each field is finished we move this combine, then the wagons (3) and tractor, and his truck. About 2 days in each field.  He's on his own now for cutting stocks, disking and getting fields back to black soil  for winter. 
 All the corn and soy beans  have been stored at our local elevator. No more box breakfasts/lunches or suppers at 10:30/11 PM   Fall weather returned and the wonderful Sunshine and Wind helped dry up the fields. The roads are full of fast moving semi's, wagons and impatient drivers.  Deer are looking for new hide outs. We had 4 in one field who did have a thicket to go to.  A pretty little fox and lots of pheasants. 
 His welcome home, 3 of the 9 barn cats Waiting to be fed...they too suffer through late night feedings And they don't let me get too close to them. 

In the post just below I have posted my 2nd Junk Journal...Halloween themed.  Happy to have you take a peek.  Have a great week. I hope to visit this week as our life will be back to some normalcy.  



9 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, lovely look into your everyday life. Those of us not farmers have no idea of what you need to do to get the jobs done. Love the barn cats shot. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz X #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad to hear that all the fields are sorted Sylvia, it must have been hard work all round. We get daylight saving a week earlier than you here in the UK (28th October). Happy WOYWW. Sarah. #3

Helen said...

good news about the fields; like Shaz says, we non farmers have no idea! you are such hard workers. our clocks change this coming weekend. Helen #1

Glenda said...

Looks like a busy time of year inside and out! Everyone is in a mad dash to winter and hoping to have their chores done in time. I have most everything ready here. We have had our first frost and that will start to bring down the leaves and slow the mowing down as well. I don't rake leaves any more just mulch them with the mower. I always love hearing about what you guys have going on there!

Marit said...

Busy messy times at your place, both outside as well as on your desk. I hope you all get some relaxing time now, enjoy! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #19

Twiglet said...

Lovely post Sylvia - good to find out about like across the pond! I love your Halloween journal - very clever. xx jo

Diana Taylor said...

What an interesting post - it's fascinating to find out how different people's lives can be from one another - what a busy, intense time of year for you, I'm glad you can relax a little bit more now and enjoy your husband's company.
Have a great week,
Diana x #17

Kelly said...

I miss the activity of harvest. While I was never actually a part, I grew up around corn/ soy bean fields most of my life. I learned to cook feeding noon meals to the farm hands. No box lunches. They came in for a noon meal then went right back out. When they were done for the day, there were left overs for sandwiches and always pie with coffee.
Off to look at your halloween book. Good luck on your design guesting!
Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

Shoshi said...

Sorry to miss this last week, Sylvia, and I join the others and saying how lovely to hear about your life of farming the other side of the ocean! We used to live in the middle of an agricultural area and saw a lot of activity especially during the autumn. Mostly dairy and arable with quite a lot of sheep too, and very small fields divided by high hedge-banks. From a distance our landscape looks like a patchwork quilt! We now live on the outskirts of a larger neighbouring town by the sea.

Shoshi