Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

WOYWW #504


Welcome fellow deskers and anyone else popping in. This is a scheduled post, who knows how our weather will be on Wednesday the real day we share our desks.  Ms. Julia at the STAMPING GROUND is our hostess and she welcomes anyone who wants to play a long to join in.

I have enjoyed being held hostage inside. Found lots to do in the upside down crafty space I have.
Lordy, Lordy. too much is too much.  In the post following this, I made a "heart" for another challenge. And I should have taken a photo...lots of fun things on that desk. 

This is the desk I'm working on, with messy fun stencils, paints/gesso, paper, cardboard and tags. 


No dinner to prepare as DH went into town with the tractor to move drifts. 5 inches of snow and now 40 MPH winds blowing piles everywhere. Our forecast is high winds, and MINUS 30/40/50 degree wind chill for tonight and Wednesday. Everything has been cancelled for today and tomorrow. Even our four state colleges closed.  I've gathered water in containers, cleaned out under the sinks so if we have to leave the doors open to prevent pipes breaking things are in order.  My trusty soul prays that the animals outdoors have burrowed in for this dangerous ordeal.  

May this find you all enjoying sunshine !  Happy WOYWW kind of day. 


15 comments:

Annie said...

Oh bless you. Your weather sounds to be getting bad. I really hope you stay warm and safe.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Sylvia, we think it's cold when we get a bit of frost- you REALLY know what cold weather is. Hope you all stay safe & warm. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Glenda said...

As always a very creative desk! With your weather, I feel a little bit silly complaining about our 18 degrees here but for us it is very cold. Stay warm my friend!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've been reading about the polar vortex over America, good grief, I can't even begin to think what -50 feels like. Stay safe and warm - crafting sounds the perfect thing to do. Hope you get away without frozen pipes etc
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Marit said...

Now THAT IS an inspiring desk you have there!!! LOVE the stencils and pieces of paper.. my hands start to itch seeing this and hey, I visited just about everyone on Julia's list so I can turn around in my chair and start creating, yay!!! Hope you, your loved ones and the animals made it through the night OK, stay safe and warm! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #18

Claire said...

Oh my, hope you and yours keep safe and warm...
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 6

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It's just above freezing here and that's cold enough! I can't even imagine what -50 feels like! Keep warm and craft away! I really like the idea of stenciling on those old book pages! They look great! Thanks for your visit! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #20

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Sylvia, your weather puts our complaints about a mild dusting of snow and -4 degree temperatures to shame. Hope all is well and you avoid any frozen pipes. Keep safe and warm. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

Wow -40 with the winds as well. Nightmare... stay safe and warm. Love the messy creative desk. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#30)

Helen said...

your weather has made big news over here too, don't envy you at all! enjoy your crafting, you are in the right place, inside! Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Sylvia, we've been hearing about your weather. At least you can't feel guilty for not going out Lol! Have a lovely creative week and a very happy WOYWW, Angela x15x

Cheryl W. said...

We are also in the deep freeze here in Minnesota. We are getting -50 to -60 below wind chill. I've been hunkered down at home. Even mail delivery for the entire state has been put on hold.

Sue said...

Hi Sylvia, You forgot to put your number, but I have found you. You are #19.

Hope you manage ok with those dreadful weather conditions. We have had -7. This morning everywhere was white with a thick frost and it turned to ice. Sun got out and it all went.

Well done your hubby for going out with the tractor to help.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW 504.
Sue #5

Neet said...

Gosh Sylvia, that weather is scary. I cannot imagine how cold that must feel and like you I hoe the animals are bunkered down and safe.
Nice desk too, glad you are enjoying being a prisoner.
hugs, Neet 1 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late, sorry. The weather is an ordeal alright, and I worry for your heroic husband who seems to be in the vanguard of clearing and helping. Love the look of your stencil/painty/papery desk, definitely the best way to ride out this weather, never even tophought of under sink cupboards and things, gosh,