Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WOYWW #614

Good Morning, and Welcome.  It's very early I didn't even realize it was Wednesday. The week has just flown by. But have missed a few weeks (no photo's, due to Adobe shut down and I haven't replaced )
I now download my photos to my email and save them.  I NEED to take time to get this mess organized.   SHAZ  I need you !!!  
But it's time to share a desk with the friends HERE on Ms Julia's blog.


Julia this is ONE I found for Mom....I usually made something with hearts, as this or the heart shape itself.  She loved them no matter what.  I'd LOVE ONE no matter what.  With sons it's an off on day.
And MAIL is a Little Treasure.    But I usually always get the phone call.  We spent Sunday with my son 200 miles away. Loving and Enjoying all of them and excited to see all the hard work they have put into rebuilding their new home, destroyed by Derecho  August 2020. We left early and returned late that night but a feeling of real LIVING again. Grandson Cael turned 18 Monday, and was inducted into the National Honor Society that week. We could not attend due to Covid, But I made cards for both events. We hadn't seen each other since June when we had Mother's funeral.    TOO LONG of a TIME for Family contact.  

And here we are. 

Here are a the small  gift Cards, made to hold Money.  (his need right now !!!)

Front side with a tag  School Colors  for the award night.  
Back side
Front and back of a small birthday gift card.  Just hard to believe he's 18...Will go into Engineering in the fall at a Great Iowa college.  I can remain true to my other son's  adventures here also  Plus it is only a 2 hour drive SO we can visit.  

Short moments of  Coffee dying tags straight from the filter and pot.

Also Some various fabric for some projects 
My helper with cutting apart some kids jeans for the pockets.  I've a few ideas for a journal 

Really in 2 weeks haven't been at my desk, lots of running to do, meetings, and appointments. Details down the road    Have a great week   Thanks for stopping by.  


14 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Wow Sylvia that's a busy desk!! Glad you got to see your son and congrats to your grandson too (I think they always need money!!). You are so right, this is far too long not to see family. Hopefully we will all be able to hug our nearest and dearest soon. Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy xx #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s a great pic of you and the grandchildren! Congrats to Cael on turning 18 and going into engineering, I’m sure that money will be well appreciated. I know what you mean about wanting to hug family, goodness I miss ‘em. Hope you’re doing ok and keeping safe and well.
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Annie said...

What a busy week you’ve had. Congratulations to your grandson. Love the photo of you with the family.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Twiglet said...

Lovely phot of you and your family Congrats to your grandson. You have been so busy with all those little projects but of course I love the fabric bits and bobs best! xx Jo

Glenda said...

Your desk is very busy this week! I really love your helper there! We are supposed to reach 70 today!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting projects taking place and loving your helper too. Great photograph of your mum and the card is lovely. Good luck to the trainee Engineer too. Have a lovely creative woyww and a good week too. Angela x19x

Shoshi said...

What lovely cards, Sylvia, and the family photo was so nice! It is hard not to be able to be together on special occasions and a happy birthday to your grandson. I love your coffee-dyed tags and fabrics! Look forward to seeing what you do with those. Some lovely textures on the fabrics.

So sorry to hear about the deaths among your friends and acquaintances. So hard to deal with, and made far worse with all these awful restrictions.

Thank you for your visit and I'm glad you liked my new juicer. I am very thrilled with it and having fun experimenting. Also the kitty throw - I can't wait to get to the stage of joining more strips but I can't until I've decided what embellishments to put on them. I need to keep it small for as long as possible or my hubby will start to get suspicious!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Helen said...

I'm glad you've had time with some of your family - I saw my brother for all of 5 minutes at Christmas when we did our gift swap! We don't see a lot of one another at the best of times, but that was even briefer!! Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy WOYWW. You have been busy with your coffee dying.! They grow up so fast it seems. No one is saying anything about my painting. Do you think it reads as if I didn’t paint her? Angela #21

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

How lovely you got to spend family time together and yes don't those teenagers always need money.. what a great way to present it. I can imagine the lovely smells coming from your coffee dyed fabric it's one of my favourite dyes to use but I always feel like I need a slice of cake when works in progress hee hee.
Hope you share that pocket journal Hugs & Happy WoywW Tracey #15 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

SO glad you have been able to catch up with some of your family face to face Sylvia. Such lovely cards and gifts for the special occasions too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely family picture. Lots of things to look at in your post today too. I like the coffee dying, fabric drying and jeans cutting!
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan#6

Lisa-Jane said...

I love all the coffee dyed stuff - I look forward to seeing what becomes of it all. I made a journal with some jean pockets once and it's still one of my most frequently looked at albums. As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Thank you Sylvia, a lovely card and you’re absolutely right, anything made for her, she’ll love. So glad you’re able to get out and about a bit, it must have been wonderful to be with the family last weekend. They’ve done so well to rebuild and look forwards again. You may not have been at your desk, but you’ve certainly been busy! a coffee dyeing and fabric for pockets...I sense quite a lot of making coming up!