Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

WOYWW #615


Welcome, it's WOYWW  and how time flew by since last week 's post.  It's early morning here and very dark and dreary. Time change was Sunday, and not yet adjusted to the morning darkness.  Plus 4/5 inches of snow Monday is now melting and raining later today making a muddy mess, soft roads, dirty cars, but helping the moisture in the ground, the tiny flowers peeping thru the ground and forcing myself to have a POSITIVE attitude about everything coming my way. !!!!  Visit JULIA'S BLOG HERE to visit others or play along.

I haven't been near any desk in my crafty area, I took out 2 big totes, of fabric and doily's. Need to have them more seeable to use them and I'm tired of digging thru to find pieces for this and that. So here's the new method, The wooden piece held tools in the store room, now in a small portable cloth tote, the other pink metal piece is a side of an old baby bed, sitting empty from once having a collection of crochet pot holders.

The start of the sort...you might see 2 small wire racks which now hold small doily's, lace, pieces for use in journals or cards, or fabric sewing. Hoping photos will enlarge.  I miss that on some blogs.as I love to see close ups. 

Below this a lightweight ladder has been in my crafty space since I started a blog, it's held many things.

 small little stand out of storage.
The 2 bottom photos are the 2 beginning pieces empty.   Now 2 bottom pieces almost full, totes emptied and ready for use.   
Mostly journal making fabric linen's, burlap, denim, chees cloth tea dyed and plain, the basket at the bottom is full of tiny scraps for collage works  and an old quilt top falling apart for special projects.

Will share the space they end up in when I clear out something else !    Does any one know what this would have been for?  It has some birds and leaves within,  I am thinking on the top back of a chair (where head rests?)  

I'll have more on Doily's next week.  Plus a few paper projects as I've a few birthdays on the way. 
Have a great week.  We've been out and about, time with friends who've lost a parent, husband etc, no services for them as yet and it's a hard thing to go thru.  Be Safe. 

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you have way more fabric than I have!! But your new storage is genius, not only did you recycle the shelves etc but it means you can see everything really clearly. No more searching for stuff, woohoo!! A good job well done Sylvia!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Annie said...

I’m really loving all you’re sharing with us today. The doilies are gorgeous and what a fab way to store them.
Hugs,
Annie x #14

glitterandglue said...

Hi Sylvia. Wow! What a lot of fabric - all so scrumptious. That final piece doesn't look like a normal chair back or at least, not like one my parents had... it is very symmetrical, though, isn't it. Is it a crochet collar for a dress?
Well done on all the sorting. You are so right. If it is out of sight, things so rarely get used...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a fabulous collection of doilys. When I saw the piece at the end I immediately thought it's some sort of collar with the shape of the sides or a piece of head wear maybe. Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x18x

Caro said...

Wow! What a lot of fabric and especially the doilys! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

Helen said...

Loving the storage!! I love fabric even though I don't sew! Take care and have a good week. Helen #3

Lisa-Jane said...

I immediately thought of a chair back but it doesn't quite work does it? I was thinking of our wingback chairs but it would still have a crease in it then. Perhaps it is one of those draped style of headdress from Europe? It's beautiful anyway. Maybe a fashion museum would be able to help? Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow what a stunning collection of fabric and lace you have Sylvia. I like your idea of storage so it can be seen and used. Stay safe. Saarh #6

Crafting With Jack said...

Wow that looks like a little shop there, I should love browsing through your craft items. The clocks changing takes a while to get used to. The dogs still want their meals at their “normal’ times”. Have a great week Angela #17

Karen said...

I've never seen so much lace in my life ~ How wonderful! Terrific storage too ~ Enjoy your week ~ Love, Karen

Shoshi said...

Your room is absolutely amazing, Sylvia - I thought I was looking at a vintage lace shop to start with! I love your wooden ladder displays and all that delicious white loveliness. It is all stunning. The display is a work of art in itself.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #20