Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

WOYWW #632

Welcome, it's a calm evening here and I've some time, tomorrow will be the day we share our workspaces. And I will leave early for some shopping in the City, before the storms arrive I hope. 
Linking up with Julia our hostess

My desk:  Had some fun making a few collage fronts for  some some ATC pockets.  I loved the one Mary Ann made for our ATC exchange.  


In last weeks post I shared an old wooden display of  Playing cards, I took them out today so you could see the fronts......I should have taken photos of the JOKERS  they were adorable, but I was on a time limit. 



Most were purchased for 25 cents/to a dollar at garage sales or  from thrift stores.  

Wishing you all a great week,  and Thanks for all the great comments last week. 


18 comments:

Helen said...

Hope you get your shopping done before the storms arrive, we had torrential rain and flash flooding near me the other evening - it was a damp walk home from work! Thanks for sharing the playing cards, Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

That is such a fabulous collection of playing cards Sylvia - thanks for taking the time to photograph them in more detail. Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

My name is Cindy said...

What a great collection of cards! Hope you don't get caught in the rain! Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx #8

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a fab collection Sylvia, do you keep them as they are or use them to alter? Love the work displayed on your table. Fingers crossed you get your shopping done before the storms. Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #9 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a great collection and I'm going to pop back later for a better look at the all. Thanks for letting us see them. Good luck at getting the shopping finished before the weather changes. Have a lovely woyww. Hugs, Angela x16x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. I love those collage fronts. I look forward to having some time to sit and use up some of my embellies/scraps and do something similar. I never knew that there were so many wonderful playing card sets available. Will be keeping an eye out when I start going to antique shops/markets again. My favourite is that owl in the bottom picture. Ali x #14

Christine said...

I may have to try some of those fronts for my ATCs, be good to get in front for my swaps. Thank you for the inspiration.
Have a good week
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

Hope you get back home before the storm. I hate driving in the pouring rain. I love the Owl front, sometimes the cards inside don’t have the same design I have found, which is disappointing. Happy WOYWW Angela #7

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely adore all those playing cards. I have a few collections, but I haven't seen any like those. That is wonderful and nice of you to share the with us. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Julia Dunnit said...

I LOVE that collection! I have a couple of sets the same as you…the 40 (why did they put two sets in a box, still trying to figure that) and the Holly hobbie ones, although I don’t think my HH set is complete, and doesn’t look quite the same. This is from memory though, I have no idea where they are! I envisage you running around the city like a mad thing trying to pick up everything so you can get back and hunker down during the storm. I hope it was a bit more leisurely than that!

Diana Taylor said...

I just love the playing cards, they are like little works of art aren't they - and I love the little collages on your desk - they all look so pretty and I am in love with that neutrals colour palette you are using. I hope you don't mind me asking but I wondered how you folded the ATC pockets - did you find a tutorial somewhere? I'm asking because although I have little envelope and pocket dies that I use for gift cards and money for my nephews, I am always on the lookout for new ways of presenting their gifts to them. I miss they days when they were young enough to appreciate actual toys that I had chosen for them!!
Hope you have a good week and hope you get you shopping done before the storm arrives.
Diana xx #19

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your playing cards are amazing! What a collection! They're not for altering, I take it - they're too precocious! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #24

Twiglet said...

A fab collection of playing cards - such varied and lovely designs. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Playing cards deserve a gallery to celebrate them, the art is often amazing! Hope you get all the shopping and chores done before the storm hits!!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Glenda said...

What wonderful playing cards! I'm sure you will make some lovely creations with these! Hoping you don't have bad storms!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Back as promised. These are amazing and so many great ideas for the pictures. I can imagine the Jokers being just as good. Happy creative week, Angela x16x

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous collection of cards!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


Shoshi said...

Oooh Sylvia, I just love all your playing cards! What a fun thing to collect. They are all so different and vintage. I'd love to see the fun jokers. You do see some interesting stuff on WOYWW, don't you!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18