Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

WOYWW #661

Welcome,  it's not quite Wednesday here but  Ms Julia is ready for all to stop by
HERE for WOYWW the day we share our workspaces.  I can sleep in if I post now. 
(We have a time difference of 7 hrs.)  
 
My desk today:

I used a foil pan to cut our the hearts and some buttons, then he opened a can of cashews and I thought the round seal would work for something.....it's even textured. More next week !!! 

He also cut me some wood circles from some branches we had fall, several ideas but will wait until they dry out.  I need to find a wood burning tool and a small drill bit.

I will be cutting these out while watching some college basketball later, more of the doodled flowers, drawn, painted,  after cutting I'll do some fine line doodling and then a few cards, or ATC's   My projects all seem to take awhile to get completed. 

Hoping all is good your way, winter cold and wind here. BUT we have been good with health issues.  Covid is calming a bit here, but our stores are missing a LOT of items. Have a great week 

19 comments:

Helen said...

I love all those circles - am sure you will have fun. I am glad your Covid numbers are falling. stay safe and have a crafty week! Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you have plenty of different projects to keep you occupied Sylvia. Waste not, want not indeed. Enjoy your lie in. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

glitterandglue said...

Morning Sylvia. Oooo... pyrography in the offing - good for you. My hubby used to absolutely love it! Enjoy. Love your little doodled flowers. Have fun with those and the basketball.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Diana Taylor said...

Some serious inspiration going on here! I love the metal and wooden discs, and the flowers are so pretty - you have loads of crafty projects to keep you busy in the cold, windy winter by the look of it.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #16

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You've made me smile this morning Sylvia, all these projects on the go at the same time is just what goes on at mine too. I don't like having to do nothing while waiting for something else to dry or set and usually end up starting something else so I understand what's going on here. Have a great woyww. Hugs, Angela x15x

Annie said...

So much been going on over at yours this week. I love the little wood circles and can't wait to see what you do with them.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Crafting With Jack said...

Hello Sylvia, I too have a lot of projects that I want to do this week. Wishing you joy with yours. Angela #9

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Sylvia, great re-use of found objects there. You might also paint your branch circles, instead of burning them.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Lots of lovely craftiness there. Milder and sunny here, so I have actually put the washing line out! Ali x #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s a good bit of recycling there with a very pretty result as well! I do like painting wooden circles, have done it for craft club a couple of times. I’e never done pyrography though, not another craft to get into, I can’t keep up with the ones I’m already doing!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Lindart said...

I love the doodles, you did such a great job on those! And so great to find found objects for art, way to go! The wood circles are intriguing, I've seen some art pieces made with those before. Have a great week, Lindart #20

Sharon Madson said...

Hi, Sylvia. I feel I should re-introduce myself, as it has been years since I have come to the party. I live here in Kansas, USA, where we are in the middle of a snowstorm. I was reminded of WOYWW today as I was posting a second on the 2nd post, and it was WOYWW! I am not sure why I ever stopped posting, but I am back! :)
Your artwork is all very lovely. You know I have saved those foil tops for my junk journaling. Lovely post. LOL Happy Day!

Julia Dunnit said...

Lots of spaces on shelves here too, week to week it differs though, so I guess it’s more a delivery problem than actual manufacture, but no doubt the effects of nothing being manufactured during the on/off lockdowns over 2 years are starting to show in the supply chain. Love that you’re cutting and doodling in front of the tv, such a useful way to get stuff done without missing out and lovely ingredients for cards etc s a result. Win win! Intrigued by your plans for the wooden slices…’all’ you need is a wood burner and a drill….I bet you have both somewhere don’t you! Weather has improved here, less cold and today not even wet…rather nice and hinting at spring. Can’t come soon enough for me!

Neet said...

See now, the seven hour difference worked for you - congratulations on the no 1 spot. Only because i got up in the middle of the night did I upload behind you.
There's nothing better than crafting in front of the fire on a cold blustery day is there.
I can't take various tablets because of my heart/pacemaker/blood thinners so I just have paracetamol/codeine/amitriptyline but I find a hot bag is great. I now use a hot gel bottle rather than the hot rock one.
Take care Sylvia
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Spyder said...

Oh yes, I'm often grapping the top off the cocoa tin (no longer a tin) and running it through an embossing folder or die cutting it. Glue tubes, empty of course, are great and even the cat food cardboard wrappers come in handy for something! Happy Late WOYWW!? Stay Safe!(Lyn)) #23...last!

Christine said...

Trying to catch up, sorry I'm late.
Brilliant idea about the foils, will you paint them with the alcohol inks?
Have a good week.
Oh, congrats by the way on number 1
Christine #18

BJ said...

Your foil cutouts are lovely, hope you got the lie in too. Thanks for the visit BJ#13

Elizabeth said...

Your foil makes are lovely and good thinking to use the seal from the nuts too. I never think of that sort of thing and I need to because it helps keep waste down. Your doodled flowers are gorgeous - they will look lovely on a project. Have a good weekend. Elizabeth x #21

Kyla said...

ooh loving the use of the foil pan and slicing up the wood branch too will be interested to see what you make with them once they are dried out.
Glad your Covid numbers are coming down too
kyla