Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

WOYWW #666



Welcome to another desk sharing day. It's started at the Stamping Ground and continues to be a fun adventure every week. 

 Stopped at a thrift store and found some fun stamps. 
And this beautiful tiny thread crochet doily. Hoping I can find a unique dimensional frame for it. 
Then my desk,  not much in the making, I've had the urge for "SPRING" cleaning, and made a big dent in upstairs, living area,  but oh the real mess is downstairs.(crafty space/storage room !)   Moved furniture in 2 rooms to vacuum, redid a closet with spring/summer items, put away winter. redid pantry/most cupboards, will do the very dirty windows when 50's arrive end of the week maybe. I've several boxes to donate/took stacks of magazines/clothes the day I had to myself to go thrifting. 
My prayers you are all safe, are coping with how our lives are being affected. We are seeing CNN news on so much of the turmoil that is happening. Unbelievable how this could even happen. My most dedicated prayers are for Ukraine and it's people. With hope that we all can return to living in Peace.  Disheartened with travel plans for visits anytime this year.

May you and yours be blessed with good days.  




13 comments:

Helen said...

Well done on not only having the urge, but acting on the urge for spring cleaning! You're a better woman than I am! The doily is beautiful. I think we all agree with your hopes for Peace, and soon! it is truly dreadful. Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #1

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous stash - the stamps are lovely and I wouldn't have passed that doily by either - what a find! Sounds like you are being very productive with the Spring cleaning - it's a nice time of year when you can look forward to the lighter, brighter days of Spring.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We’ll,thatsunflower stamp might come in Andy with all the fundraising that’s going on for the Ukraine at the moment - it seems to little but at least we are doing what we can to help those poor people. Well done on the sort out too, the thrift stores will be so grateful.
HUgs LLJ 4 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

My that doily is beautiful! Well done on the the thrift store stamps. I have just bought some sunflower images from Gecko Galz as they are donating the proceeds to Ukraine. I meant to put that on my blog, I think I will go and add it. Angela #5

Caro said...

I am impressed with the spring cleaning - our house is being renovated and it is chaos... we essentially have far too many things in our small house and none of the rest of the family will ever get rid of anything! Love your thrift store finds. The situation in Ukraine is in my prayers too. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Glenda said...

Good morning my friend. It sounds like you are doing a lot of Spring Cleaning. When you finish you need to come visit and do mine! Maybe soon you can get back to crafting. Spring is always a busy time here as well. My yard was mowed last Saturday as I had a guy come in and do it and to do lots of cleaning as well. There were still leaves around so he got it all ship shape.

Annie said...

I’ve made it to the blogs this week ....sometimes life just gets in the way and sadly it was the blogs that had to be neglected last week....sorry.
What a busy week you’re having with all that Spring cleaning. Thankfully my sewing room gets seen by my customers so has to be kept pretty clean and tidy and never needs a Spring clean. I love the doily...such a lot of work and must have taken ages to make.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Neet said...

What a find that doily was - it is beautiful, I would love to know the story behind it but guess you will never find out. Maybe weave your own story.
Great find with the stamps too.
Yes, heartbreaking to turn on the news these days.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Tracy said...

Hellooo Sylvia, loving your stamps especially that large sunflower one 🌻 Such work went into that doily,hope you manage to find a frame. You've been busy spring cleaning with boxes of goodies being passed on. Such sad news in the world right now. Be safe, be well sending love and hugs your way Tracy #21 xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Sylvia, well done with the new stash and the Doily is lovely and will look great in a frame. Spring cleaning! I need to do more but we've been having new windows put in but I'll get there. I've decided I need a clear out this year. I know I'm late but want to try and get round before bed. Wishing you a very happy woyww and sending hugs, Angela x15x

Sharon Madson said...

You got some great stamps at the thrift store! I need to clean out the junk from my craft room. When I am making junk journals, my room becomes one big junk room! LOL Happy WOYWW.

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Sylvia, you are a brilliant thrifter, great spotting! That doily is amazing isn’t it, I had to zoom in to check that the flowers weren’t fabric sewn on, that’s very clever technique if you ask me. Hugely impressed that you’ve been spring cleaning, gracious. I’m doing it too, but only because we’ve got fam coming to fill my house! But, like you, I’m leaving the windows, if I’m going to make that effort, it needs to be warm and dry, and that’s just for the insides! Of course, I don’t know your son’s situation, but am pretty sue you could still consider travelling to Europe…Germany, France, the UK, further west than you think and certainly life is just going on for us. It seems absolutely insane.

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely finds in the thrift shop!
I am very late commenting but hope to get around everyone now...
See you tomorrow!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #13