Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

#684 WOYWW

Thanks for stopping by,  just realized it's Wednesday, the day we share our workspaces.  Linking up with Stamping Ground and Ms Julia. She keeps us all enjoying visits across our universe. 

Things may be back to NORMAL here, WOW it's been a whirlwind.
I are both feeling so much better, Covid or No Covid it's gone and we are busy.  We were hit with a storm last week, a derecho, with high winds 80mph/rain. We lost trees and 5 wheel borrows full of big branches.
Thankful we did maintain electricity, as temps were humid and HOT afterwards. I did lose internet and yesterday they came and replaced our satellite dish attached to the house. We still have to replace roof edge stripping on the south side.  Some of his corn fields were flattened, so meets with insurance man later this week. 

I was so excited to have yesterday to work some crafty fun. 
And here on the papers I dyed  a few backgrounds, and some new colors
I also had time to catch up on some free classes offered by Willa Wanders (fodder challenge)  I can't connect to the site right now but it is on Instagram if you are interested  9/10 classes I think  today are prayer flags.  found it   https://willa-workshops.teachable.com/courses/fodder-challenge-2022/lectures/39067703  

I was not able to attend our towns 150th Celebration of 3 days. I've seen many photos and just haven't had time to share internet items. 

Thanks for visiting, have a wonderful week. Stay cool, our temps are to be in the 90's here.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you're feeling better; but it sounds as if the storm did more than enough damage! glad it was no worse... Happy WOYWW and take care. Helen #3

Glenda said...

Wow so many limbs down. I have several big trees in my back yard that really need to come down. They are really too close to the house and so very tall. Every storm I have to go drag limbs out. Your desk is wonderful...I love all your punches! Have a great rest of the week!

Julia Dunnit said...

I feel grateful that you haven’t suffered because of the storm, but it’s still a pretty massive scale isn’t it, to bring down limbs that large, and to lose so much corn that it needs an insurance claim, wow. We are having heat in the high nineties this week, I love it, but as a nation we aren’t really geared for it, especially if it goes on for more than a few days, gosh you had a busy and productive time when you got to your desk..so glad to see it! Thanks for the fodder link!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Sylvia, so pleased you're feeling better and you've found some time for craftimg too. It's been really hot here but a nice breezr today which made it feel a bit better. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry you were hit so badly with the storm Sylvia - makes me even happier to have had the trees taken down seeing your pictures. Enjoy the rest of your online workshops. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1