Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

WOYWW #683

Welcome, it's been awhile, and the list is long on why I've been out of the loop.  Two good reasons I spent 2 trips to southern Iowa to visit family and watch our grand daughter play softball. Season's over with tournaments pending.  One trip we had a free room at a Casino, and winner, winner chicken dinner !  

We've also had several funerals locally of classmates, friends and his special Aunt Loretta. I guess cancer, heart and age all take its tole in time.

The 2 of us are recovering from a nasty head cold (sinuses)(allergies), deep cough,  fatigue, loss of appetite, aches & pains.  Surviving on jello, chicken noodle soup/broth, Gatorade, lots of water, love and grumble soup. 

  I haven't been in my craft area in over 3 weeks, but these photos are from the desk I was last working on:

backgrounds distress inks

 drying 
Hopefully later today I can open some new Wendy Vecchi archival inks and finish  a few small projects sitting for quite some time.  

I also was bidding online auction nearby, 2 adorable 1920's child's dresses

with other pieces of aged fabric, I hope to use in some slow stitching.
But these I would never be able to cut up, hopefully I can find a home for them with a big baby doll or real child for baptism 

Linking up with weekly What's On Your Workspace Wednesday 

Have a great week, maybe next week I can share a few photos from our town's 150th Year Celebration. It was a 3 day event and only spent an hour one evening viewing the Vintage cars. 

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Good to see you back! Hope you feel better soon my friend! It's always good to see your desk and see what you have going on!

Annie said...

It's lovely to see you this week. Sorry to hear you've been poorly but love the names you gave the treatment. The two dresses are simply gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You're here now Sylvia and it's good to see you and pleased you're better too. The dresses are gorgeous. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh I do hope you are feeling better soon Sylvia. Well done on the win! Beautiful dresses and lace. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

those dresses are gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I hope you’re both feeling better, sounds a bit COvid-y to me, especially the tiredness. Get you playing the slots and being a winner, how very exciting! Must have been wonderful to see the fam, I’m looking forward to hearing that you’re coming to see the European fam and squashing in a trip to England that I can crash in on! Loving the eBay scores, aren’t they just beautiful. Hope you feel u0 to getting on with the odd project here and there, but hey, the best thing about our hobby is that nothing spoils if it has to wait!

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Sylvia - sounds like you've been busy!! Hope you have managed to see off the head cold now, never fun at any time of year. Gorgeous little dresses, hope you find a good home for them.Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx #11

Neet said...

So sorry to hear the two of you are ill. Sounds like Covid symptoms to me. I so hope that the chicken soup helps give some comfort.
Meanwhile, glad you enjoyed your trips away and wow what gorgeous dresses those are. Hope you find a use.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx