Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Hope you are all safe and surviving the heat. It's "hot" everywhere. In the high 90's here and all across the USA.
Most of us have air conditioning so don't have to go thru the stress.
Concern for the animals is high, but hopefully they find shade, and are supplied water. I hope none of you are involved in the fires, seems they are everywhere also.
Our gas prices are $4.06 near the city I shop 40 miles east, So took a long list and got EVERYTHING I needed at Walmart. Say what you want but at least they HAVE the products and workers. I needed a big variety so was home early with the car filled up with cheaper gas.
Did a fun 1st time video chat with an Art Collage group, was fun to meet up online and share ideas etc. He grilled a T-bone steak and garden fresh potatoes, and took these 2 delightful photos of a Red Headed Wood Pecker who has taken up summer living here. We are pretty sure there are more than 2,
We have enjoyed their busyness. He fills about 3 bird baths with water once or twice a day so we have different birds all day, Wren's are a favorite, (tiny) Doves, Robins, Yellow Finch, Black birds, once in a while Blue Jays. Then with the change of seasons, their are many stopping by as they head to different climates. Linking up with Ms Julia @ the Stamping Ground and wondering where the week has gone.



9 comments:
Thanks for letting me view your workdesk! I need to be making flowers as well but that will have to wait until another day! Those birds are amazing! Happy Wednesday!
Wow, just look at your red headed woodpecker....what a stunning bird. Thanks for sharing him with us. We are surviving the heat in fron of fans...no air con here and we are just not used to this heat...it won't last but I guess it will be back.
Hugs,
Annie x #12
What a lovely sight, your woodpecker. I love to see all the birds, we don’t get much variety in our garden, but on holiday Ihave seen goldfinches, chaffinches, herons and mistletoe thrush. I think we definitely need to get a large fan for the caravan. We have Asda which is a subsidiary of Walmart, but I don’t think they are the same. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9
How lovely to have all those different varieties of birds visiting. Lucky you having the Red Headed Woodpecker come for the summer. Must be great living on the farm - especially as your home is air conditioned too. I remember visits to LA when my friend was alive and it was air con in the house to air con in the car to air con in the malls. Thank goodness for air con - wish we had it here at home.
Hugs, Neet xx 6
Sadly here in the UK we are not used to such high temperatures and some people are not being careful which has caused some of the fires. Air conditioning must be wonderful but here in the UK they are trying to discourage people from having it because of how much electricity would be used, bet those saying this work in a conditioned office unlike the classroom I used to teach in which was scorching in summer and freezing in winter. Stay safe and have a lovely and hopefully cooler WOYWW, Angela x10x
The temps have been record breaking crazy in the uk, fortunately we’ve been slightly cooler in Wales. I don’t blame you for driving to get your shopping and gas in one go. Lovely pics of the birds, I hope you enjoyed your BBQ,
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx
the woodpecker is so pretty! well done on doing a bulk shop and getting cheap(ish) gas too. The intense heat here yesterday and the day before was just awful, today has been much more pleasant! Helen #2
Wow what a fabulous bird Sylvia - must be fun to see them playing in the bird bath. Don't blame you for stocking up and reducing journeys given the price of fuel. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3
Oh those background stamps look good. I did my card backgrounds with stencils where you ink with the lighter colour first then move the stencil a bit and the ink with the darker colour - learnt it at a craft club many years ago and think it was the first time I've use it since. I survived the graduation with over 3000 people there, but only just as it was rather overwhelming and really hot for me too - special day though. Hugs BJ#8
Post a Comment