Good Morning, it's 2 a.m. here once again, too warm to sleep, the air hasn't kicked in as the ceiling fan is running near the thermostat. My only diagnosis so early in the day. Not liking this habit of 2 a m. except on Wednesday !!
I took a before and after photo of my desk: (it's the day Ms Julia hosts our gathering.) here's before, and here I'm upset with yet another T.H. 3D embossing folder and I read the next step in using it Again. Image is not deep to even use.
I was excited about the big buttons, I've a couple projects planned, someday I'll share ! Even have dying plans for the crumbled paper.
Hope all is great your way, our weather has been so nice here, and fall is on it's way. Garden is pretty much done and hopefully all repairs are finished for my hubby to be ready for field work in a few more weeks.
Oh Bailey is up also, was in his hideaway but quickly jumped on top of "His favorite place to observe"
Thanks for your visits last week, I'll try to do better this week. Kids here went back to school last week and sporting events start this Friday. Along with College football this weekend, one of my favorite sports. ENJOY


15 comments:
It’s awful it’s just too hot and you can’t sleep, horrible. It’s interesting to see what youv’e been working with and sorting out. I’m intrigued as to what you’ll be doing with the paper crumbs! I don’t keep any scraps smaller than a few inches now, I know I’ll never use them…ever!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx
Hellooo Sylvia π€ and to Bailey π nothing worse than being unable to sleep!So sorry to hear about the bother you were having with the embossing folder but yummy goodness on your desk after unpacking .. looking forward to seeing them used in future projects π₯°right down tooo the crumbled paper. Autumn is most definitely showing itself in Scotland,the leaves are turning,falling off and you can smell it in the air πππ
Sending you love and hugs across the miles. Tracy #9 xxxx
Horrible when it's too hot to sleep Sylvia. Hope things cool down a bit for you soon. Hope you can get the embossing folder to work. Nice haul! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15
Wow some crafty treats on your 1am desk Sylvia, my desk was 1am too though not for heat but couldn’t sleep. Just me at mo. This will be last comment as it’s way late here already. I’m think you’ll have fun with everything including the crumpled paper! Well done.
Hope hubby gets all his work in field done too.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x
{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
Sorry to hear it's still so hot where you are, sleep is so difficult when it's like that. You mentioned about your disappointment with the TH embossing folder, did you spray the card with water first as I find that usually gives a better finish but only a light spray is needed. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww and thanks for the lovely comments over at mine. Hugs Angela x12x
Ah Baily looks so cute - how come I haven't seen him before. I would remember if I had! I remember pets' name more than people's names LOL. I tend to wake up at around 2 am as a well, and again at 4/5 am, but I'm always able to go back to sleep these days - so thankful for that! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #19
Hard to sleep when it’s hot but cooler days are on their way. That pile of stash looks like you grabbed some bargains - hope you manage to sort out that embossing folder! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx @ 16
Hi Sylvia. Now that is one exciting desk!! All those purchases - trust you will really enjoy them all very soon!! Bailey is certainly king of the castle up there, isn't he!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5
I had a sleepless night myself last night. I came downstairs and read for a while, before going back to bed, of course when it was time to get up I wanted to stay in bed!! Enjoy your new stash. Bailey is very handsome. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17
I'm so glad it's a little cooler at night here the last few days, but I still sleep badly! Have fun with the new goodies! Happy WOYWW Helen #2
Oh Sylvia, not being able to sleep past 230….a habit that needs breaking for sure! I have no idea or hints that may help though, perhaps it really is just heat and will br3ak itself as fall kicks in for real. Am loving the sight of your desk, big buttons make me very happy, and those big spools of fabric type ribbon are great. Did they give you the McCalls catalogue or do you have to buy it? I bet you’ve got a plan for all those mannequin style pics.
Bailey is beautiful, what a lovely photo too.
I was up just gone 3 this morning so am tired now but still got lots to do. I could not sleep, mind was racing like crazy.
autumn is just around the corner for us as well. In fact when i went on the patio the other day I could smell the mustiness that the season brings. It's my favourite season apart from all the leaves we have to pick up from the lawns.
Take care and try to sleep when your body says so.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx
Sorry to be late to comment. So sorry you are up but I'm an early riser by nature and habit so 4 am is about it for me. Sometimes I wake at 3. Whatever time I wake I just get up and make coffee because I just don't go back to sleep. Loving that haul on your desk. Lots of goodies to use and winter is coming!
Love the before and after photos, loads of lovely goodies, cute little turquoise mug, gorgeous buttons. Sorry I am so late, life has been ridiculous this week. BJ#8
ah yes the 2am wake ups and the heat, I SO know that :-)
ooh liking the idea of dying crunched up paper, interesting.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla
Post a Comment