Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

WOYWW #688

Welcome: It's the day we share what's on our desks. I've linked up with Ms. Julia @ Stamping Ground our hostess.  Join in if you like.

Well it's been busy around here. Trying to organize more 'stuff'  here are 
2 sweet things I found hiding under my table of sewing machines.
A little wooden sewing box I filled sometime ago to do a Pink Project, and now I don't even know what it was.
And the jar of beautiful colored threads/string.  I have already used a couple of colors on some tags I was making.
The inside divider from liquor bottles, sitting for free at our grocery store. I am making tags from it. A project for muscle cutting. The edges are really uneven, but patience won.  

A doodled flower and prompts from a challenge on Instagram, really found some inspiring things there.  
We were so thankful for a 3.5 inch rainfall Sat/Sun. Things are really greening up and  flowering out. Cooled down somewhat so has been nice with no wind to open the windows. 
I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying all the things you love. Hoping to see the grandkids soon, school will be starting up about the 23rd. Summer came and went quickly. But I love fall weather so I'm ready.

Sylvia 
























7 comments:

Glenda said...

As always it's nice to see what is going on in your world! I love the threads you found and it gave me an idea to use crochet thread to tie loopy bows for cards! We continue to be hot with storms in the afternoon then just more muggy and more storms and more heat. Seems like no relief really. I am so looking forward to cooler temps!

My name is Cindy said...

What wonderful treasures you have found! I used to be able to say I knew everything I had - and why - but in all honesty that is no longer the case. Fortunately I like rediscovering my stash! Cute tag and a great idea to recycle those ‘innards’ but I don’t envy you cutting them. Happy WOYWW a love n hugs Cindy xx #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Still very much in the throes of summer here, I know it’s been a long one for you so I don’t begrudge you looking to Fall, it I’m not ready just yet! Love the discovery of the ingredients for the pink project…will you sort through it and put it all away or think about doing something in pink? I wonder. The board for the tags is great , what a good idea. Better yet, who doesn’t need a ‘muscle cutting’ project every now and then!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my Sylvia, how many times I have found a folder or a box with a set of stuff and just can't remember what the original plan was for it. So don't worry it's not just you Lol! That's another thing I seem to collect too much off, boxes but I know they will come in useful some time. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I had a good snoop around your sewing ephemera, it looks lovely especially all the pink stuff, even if you can’t remember what is was for!! The tag is lovely too, really pretty!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Twiglet said...

I love that little basket of "pink" bits and bobs - it's just fun delving into your stash and sorting out lovely bits isn't it. xx Jo

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love all those beautiful treasures on your desk. Hugs, Chrisx #17