Our road ditches are steep so I asked my DH if he'd cut the 3 stems of pods for me and being the GOOD man that he is he did just that, and I at once sprayed painted them Gold, so he could see I really WAS going to use these "Weeds" as he calls them. They've been laying here for a week, as well as the unfinished cookie cutters. But I started Christmas decorating and I guess that had priority.
It takes my 3 to 4 days just to do my trees. This year 3 trees had 1/2 of the lights burnt out So another 1/2 day taking them off and restringing new. And I have to keep at it as I simply HATE the mess of rubbermaids and things cluttering the way for daily living.
I am now pretty much done and in control of things back in order. I decorate "everyroom" with at least 1 tree, 1 Nativity and other accents, (greenry above the windows, collections of Vintage this and that, big red snowflakes hanging in the windows).
This is no doubt my most feminine tree, adding little glimmering lights to our spare bedroom. Even little Bailey gets in on the action and it made him so tired. He had to get right up on the Christmas afaghan and take his nap before big brother Baxter took it over.
Peaceful dreams my little friend. Plans today after making my visits, will be completing the PODS!!!
I made an ATC for a Christmas exchange in my preivious post and hope to get the cookie cutter decorations done too.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your WOYWW visits and have a wonderful week.
15 comments:
Bless him those tree decorating really worn him out...lol
You vintage tree looks beautiful.We are going sunday hubby and daughters always like fresh one me id have artificial.This year can see puppy cocking his leg..lol
Have fab wednesday and great festive week ahead
Love n hugs Judex9
loving all your Christmas makes and oooh Bailey is such a sweetie...thanks for the crafty snoop...Happy WOYWW...hugs kath xxx (33)
Love the tree, and the gold seed pods look stunning. Happy woyww, 12.
can't wait to see what you do with the pods!
Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing. Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time!
Neil #24
ah you are having fun - fancy putting a tree in every room flat out putting up one here - funny isn't it?
I adore what you have done with the pods and cant wait to see the rest, happy WOYWW! Shaz in oz.x
I don't know what you've done but your poor cat Bailey looks exhausted! Your tree is very feminine and pretty x
Oooh the gold pods look interesting -how lovely to have your trees up already my son has a birthday next week so we have to wait until after that to put ours up! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4
What a great desk it's full steam ahead with the Christmas ornaments, your poor kitty looks done in, he is just like a cat my mum used to have. Have a great Wednesday. Laura
Well, it was worth the roadside mountaineering as those gold sprayed 'weeds' look fabulous! They're going to perk up whatever you use them for, aren't they?
I don't think I've ever seen a 'feminine' Christmas tree before, but yours most definitely is - it's lovely, all those soft colours. We only have one tree and it has to go up on 9th Dec, as it's my DH's birthday and he sulks if this tradition isn't carried out :)
Hugs, LLJ #40 xx
I love the tree - very pretty. My daughter likes hers to be very "pink" too. Mine is just loaded with all the bits and bobs we have collected over the years - what a sentimental old thing I am! have fun. x Jo
Your Bailey looks like he could be our visitors brother! Wow you have been busy. I can't think about getting the dec's down yet, just put everything back up in the attic after our huge clear out! I still feel it's about April, not December!!
(Lyn)
happy WOYWW
Awww. Love the way the tree turned out! Those pods look super cool! I can't wait to see what you do with them! -Amanda #21
Sylvia, those pods are beautiful! You are busy, doing all your decorations. Kitties adore Christmas decorations and love to "help," don't they! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm sorry it's taken you so long to get over the flu. I'm feeling much better today although my throat is still sore & I'm coughing, but I've managed to get back in my ARTHaven creating again!! Yayyy!!! Glad you like my knitting/crochet efforts this week - very complimentary of you! Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #62
looks like a lot of fun crafty things on the desk this week. Love your pink tree! I usually have decorations in each room also but just one big tree and maybe a small tree on the table in the kitchen/diningroom. Poor Bailey he is totally worn down isn't he! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great week! Vickie #67
Post a Comment