Stop over to Julia's fun spot and get the skinny on all of us peeping crafters.
Hectic week so not a lot of creating, some rearranging between hospital trips,
This is left of my desk took the wooden shelf from my main desk area (it was filled with wooden rubber stamps) and added my Martha Stewart punches to this table..I boxed up the stamps hoping to find a new solution for them, I really don't use them as much as I should.
This is my main desk, and where the wooden shelf sat I added my laptop and a new printer. My batteries went dead so will have to show the next phase next week.
About this time my son and family are in flight 7hrs to make their new home in Germany for 3 years. We had a wonderful weekend and ended with a picnic in the park on Sunday our Father's Day.
My dad ended up in the ER room at 3 am and today I spent with Mother in ER. both with compression fractures. In the morning we will attend the funeral of our friend who struggled with cancer and also a homecare gal will start helping my father in law so we can avoid the nursing home scene.
And hopefully things will return to normal
I am exhausted, but have a great photo of Summer Rose (9 mos) with her mother Helen
Sky Lynn (2yrs)with her dad ready to leave for their big trip
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes last week and thanks for stopping by this week. I really enjoy all your comments, and I will try to get in a lot more visits this week.
29 comments:
Hello Sylvia, lovely to see your beautiful workroom and it looks like you are very organised. Sounds like you have been very busy and I hope your son's move is not too stressful for the family. I have to apologies that I didn't post a pic of your beautiful atc as I have had such a busy week. I will definitely post it soon.
Sandra @32
It must be the time for parents, my mum was in the ER last week. I hope all is well with all of your family. Must be hard to have your son and family go away, but it will pass quickly I'm sure.
Thanks again for the gorgeous ATC you sent, I have put it on my blog for all the world to share.
Hope the next week is wonderful for you.
Von #28
Wow you've had so much to deal with Sylvia...
remember that the world is a much smaller place now, with the internet, skype etc. I have my daughter on the other side of the world, but we communicate each day with either talking, text, email and skype video.
Be brave and best wishes for everything to settle down. ;D
In the meantime have some fun with WOYWW ~ enjoy! Neesie #26
Happy WOYWW. You must be missing your son and his family - so beautiful. Will you get to visit them in Germany? Ali x #61
I like what you did with your Martha Stewart punches. I need some way to store mine. I don't use my stamps like I should either and I have MANY! Your grandkids are so cute! I'm sure it was hard to see them leave. Hope you or they will get to visit soon! Valerie #36
I can empathize with you over children moving away! My son and his family just came back from a 7 year tour in Germany and are now stationed in Virginia Beach VA which is still a long ways from Oklahoma. I like the storage for the punches. I started taking my stamps off the wooden blocks and store them in DVD cases and I seem to use them more this way. Have a great week Sylvia! Vickie #23
Oh my you've had an emotional week for sure! Hope things settle down soon! Love your workspace though, I bet you enjoy it when you are able! Helen, 33
your craft room is so organized! it must be hard to say goodbye to your son and his family. good thing there are a lot of ways to keep in otuch nowadays.
happy WOYWW!
blessings and hugs from #15
peggy aplSEEDS
Your Martha Stewarts look great on that shelf and right to hand too. As always beautiful girls!
Laura 94
Oh girl, I remember those many trips to the ER...it got so bad for a while when the crew saw my car enter the unloading zone, they came out with a wheelchair and already had paper work ready when we got inside. I'm hoping things will get better for you. Love the shots of your desk and your family is wonderful. I know you will miss them while they are away. I'll be thinking about you!
What an emotional week you've had. I hope things pick up for you.
Happy WOYWW
Zoe #57
Oh what a lot you have going on - praying that you have the strength to cope with everything and that there is some relief from pain for your parents. Lovely photos that you've shared thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x
I am sure your family's spell in Germany will be exciting for them but what an emotional week for you. Keep crafting!! x Jo
So glad you had some time with your son and family before they took off...thanks for sharing the pics...they sure make a sweet looking family! I pray that they have a safe trip and that things settle down for you a bit and you can get a little rest!
fabulous desk - nice and organised
#101
Hat a busy it,e you have had. Hope things settle down now. Plenty of Skyping will make the family seem close by. Famfa 117
What gorgeous little girls. I love your paper punch storage idea
Sophie no.93
Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a time with things lately Sylvia and it must have been hard to say goodbye to your son and his family.. Mind you, in this day and age it’s not so hard to keep in touch.
The reorganization of your desk looks to be going great but it is difficult to find ‘just’ the right solution to storage isn’t it.
Happy Crafting!
Sue
x
#82
So much going on in your life ...I hope the parents are on the mend and that your son settles in to his new life... they are gorgeous little girls.xx#9
Hi Sylvia,
I hope your parents are doing better. It's good that you've had time to do even the smallest of things - like re-organization of your craft supplies. That takes the mind off for just a bit.
Time got away from me this week so I'm not linking up - but did want to check in with you.
Hugs,
Kay
Sounds like you have had a very busy week and I hope things do get back to normal for you. Must be hard to see your son and family leave for 3 years, but I am sure it will be a life experience for them! Here is to some rest and relaxation for you! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)
Such a busy life.. Yikes, I hope it all soon settles for you, I wish your son good luck in his new home... Hugs May X X X X#62
Certainly got alot of Martha Stewart Punches there! I only have 2. BJ#47
I like the idea of the little wooden shelf for the punches. Hmm... that makes me rethink those spice racks you see all the time at the second hand stores!
My goodness. You have been busy with family comittments. I hope all goes well with the fractures!
Your room is looking good...it will be fun to follow along with your "remodel".
Love your craft space and you have a lovely family. Thanks for stopping by my blog. #14
Such a super area to craft and fab pics too. Take care, am still snooping on Thursday. Zo xx 73
Oh your crafting area is lovely and that triangle shelf is awesome, thanks for sharing your space.
Sorry to hear about your family health issues I do hope all gets sorted soon, nothing worse.
Happy crafting this week
Eliza #164
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/
Please respond only to the queenartoypia blog.
Aw Sylivia, looks like you had the best of company! Happy WOYWW!
Post a Comment