Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

RETURNING FOR WOYWW #168

Good Morning fellow WOYWW followers...have been away enjoying summer visits and I've missed you. Grandchildren here one week and had computer fallouts.. and I departed the next week and had no internet connections. Six of us classmates thru grade school enjoyed 3/4 days together, visiting, laughing and sharing some fun. Spent one day at the Iowa State Fair, only to be able to have a surprise visit from  President Obama.  And me and one of the friends were right up front for pictures and hand shakes.

WOYWW is a gathering of people around the world to share your workspace and creative juices. MS Julia
at the STAMPING GROUND has provide a spot for us to do just that. You can pop over to her blog and get the skinny on how to participate.

Some of this week I have been painting, our humidity is gone and the lovely days have finally allowed me to be outside.
 This Old Shabby Carpenters Bench, no doubt will be a step stool for me and a resting place for one of the cats.  They seem to find cozy places to sleep.
 This collection has been in the garage and DH is losing patience with "Stuff" all over..The old door panels need to be sanded and will no doubt be the Shabby white if the weather holds out, The little bird cage and other step stool will hopefully be painted today.  The frame and chicken wire will be a posting board if my wrist will work...another thing on the agenda to take care of.
The top of the garage bar...a finished old sewing box with missing parts, a drawer for a piece on the floor and a few tomatoes my DH brought in for our BLT's today.

I've got a lot of my "Crafty Affair" things grouped together but not yet priced and have lots more ideas to put together. But time is an issue.

Hoping you all have a wonderful week, enjoy the WOYWW visits and thanks so much for stopping by.

20 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a lot of glorious projects on the way to completion... the carpenter's bench is gorgeous! Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#101

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Look at all those fun projects! I love the idea of the frame with the chicken wire. Great things can be done with that! I hope your hand holds out for it.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great projects!! Your crafting has gone all shabby chic - love the chicken wire...I definitely want to see what you do with it all!!
Hugs, LLJ #71 xx

Glenda said...

Painting is definitely something I need to be doing! I also want to put some lattice up on the porch to help keep my dogs hemmed up. They jump through the rails and then get into trouble! Have a wonderful week!

Twiglet said...

You are busy - sounds like great projects. Hope we see the display of finished articles. Glad you liked my little dragonfly pic. I loved making it. x Jo

okienurse said...

Sounds like you have had a really busy summer this year! I love all the projects in the works that are in your garage. My DH is ranting about getting his garage back too...Hello we share remember!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. VIckie #68

Unknown said...

WOW! You have a lot of cool ideas ready to be worked on! Looking forward to their completion! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #121

Elizabeth said...

Your summer sounds like its been a lot of fun and now you are super busy with all the projects you have to work on - hope you get everything done as planned. Oh and cats always find the most interesting places to rest on. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #105

Fallingladies said...

I agree... Time is always an issue!

Kay Hammock said...

Hi Sylvia,

You have some very cool treasures in that garage. Your DH must NOT toss out! Are you in a Crafts Fair some time soon?

Sounds like you had a wonderful outing with some long time friends. How nice - and to see the President! Very cool to see a president no matter what side of the aisle you are on.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #30

sandra de said...

You have a lovely collection of shabby chic items to decorate.
Sandra @95

Joynana said...

So many projects to get through, can't wait to see the finish. #25

Serendipity Stamping said...

Greetings from a former Iowa girl. I love the way you take the old and give it new life. Hope you get these done as quickly as you wish. So sad no Iowa corn this year.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Hmm...lots of exciting projects on the go Sylvia!
Judy #40

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Sylvia
Thank you much for visitting my blog. Sounds like you had a great summer. Look at all that shabby goodness, can't wait to see them once your done with them. Enjoy.
xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

How fab to meet the President, talk about right time right place! Gld your weather has given way to lovely tolerable conditions, you do have a lot planned I must say..that roll of chicken wire is enough to put me off, I'm a real klutz with stuff like that and I didnt find it all co-operative!

Geri said...

Looks like you've got lots of interesting things and great ideas in the works! Keep on pluggin' along, dear...and enjoy the break in the weather! Hasn't it been wonderful?!? (Although this weekend is certainly warming up for us...shouldn't last long, tho, they say!) Have a great weekend!

Tertia said...

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Love what you are doing.
Happy belated WOYWW!
Tertia #52

Cheryl said...

What fun treasures your working on! I love to fix stuff up :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

Lynn Stevens said...

Sounds like you have lots going on this summer.
Visits with old friends is just the best!
hugs Lynn