Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

What Fun

Hi everyone...So glad to be back, I was on a little blogging break...had grandchildren visiting one week, and this week shared time with 5 classmates for 3 days in Des Moines, reminiscing, sleeping late, eating light, lounging around, laughing and sharing so many great things. Thanks to Jolene for a wonderful stay in her lovely Shabby Chic home with a back yard next to a walking trail, wonderful  trees, a creek, several deer and a great variety of unusual birds.
Why would be want to leave? Shopping no way..we loved it there. But we did attend the Iowa State Fair on a cool lovely day only to be surprised by a visit from President Obama!!!! And we were right up close and center!!! Trying to get pictures I took transferred to my computer. Wishing I had more of the wonderful Greek food. And so thankful all of us have remained friends since grade school.

Tonight I have been catching up on my blogging fun.  I came across a very fun post at  Kandee Willow.  She has a giveaway of an adorable homemade tote she has created. Isn't is just Shabby fun?
Plus she is including
  one ticket for the Early Bird entrance, on September 13th to the Junk Bonanza
in Shakoppe, Mn.  Make sure you stop over, peep about her unique blog and have a chance at winning.

I have made reservations for 3 of us to attend this event as part of another few days of rest and relaxation.
Can't wait.

Thanks for stopping by, hoping to get back in the swing of things and add a few more fun adventures. Have a wonderful weekend.



4 comments:

okienurse said...

YAY Sylvia I wondered where you were. Sounds like you were having tons of fun without WOYWW! I didn't get to blog like I wanted to due to my vacation then medical problems after I got home but I think I am baaaccckkkk!! Have a great week and I look forward to seeing more of you! Vickie

Glenda said...

Glad you are back. Now get to work! Haha...Look forward to seeing some lovely creations!

Geri said...

Oh, my gosh...sounds like so much fun!! And a presidential visit?!? Wow!! So good to hear from you!! Have a great weekend!!

Kadee Willow said...

Thanks so much for the shout out!! I am so excited your going... so many flea markets, so little time, right??!! And the Iowa Fair ~ so many great memories from being there with the boys!